Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cunndies

Easton Octane Shaft?

A couple of guys from my team just ordered some Easton Octane shafts (the cheap ones - bright green), as we had a bizarre run of stick-breaking last week....

Quick questions - I know they're not exactly going to be top-of-the-line, really expensive-type performers, but are they passable? I.E, will they break in a light breeze, or are they decent enough for roller?

Cheers for any responses.... :)

I believe these are on the level of the Ultra-Carbon sticks. Those weren't very strong, alot of breakage inserting blades and just an overall poor shaft.

I believe these are on the level of the Ultra-Carbon sticks.

if they are Ultra Carbon level, you shouldn't get them. My ultra carbon is broken, and I'm one of those guys who never break sticks, even when I'm doin' somthing stupid. If you're playing outdoor roller, however, it's all good, right? Break that thing, get another. It's like 30 bucks cdn. THe 80 flex is good too.

I used to use an E flex a few years back which If I recall was one of the "cheaper" models. It was fantastic I loved that shaft and never wanted to change until I snapped it at the kick point. It lasted 3 years and went through two National tournaments as well. Im now using yet another older model stick a Nike Ignite P1. I NEVER want to use another sick (OPS included) I love the P1 so much.

Give it a try if you can and you never know it might just work out....

Well they are pretty cheap sticks but you already ordered them, just dont be too suprised if they break. But you never know, they could end up might lasting you a while it just depends on the person. But kind of like Aussie Joe was saying, your usually better off buying a clearance model of a top end stick from a few years ago (Nike Ignite series, Bauer vapor, Louisville Redlite, Tricore etc.) they can all be found for less than $50

Thing is, the Octane was the only shaft we could get at short notice over here for a reasonable price. Shafts in Britain, and OPS', are really expensive, so....

I'll let you know how they are. So long as they're passable, they'll do fine. :)

You know, its amazing how easy Easton sells a piece of shit shaft, just because its green.

I beg to differ. In my opinion, the shaft looks hideous. Neon green? It's for riceboys and scum like that, no offense to anyone who takes offense to that.

You know, its amazing how easy Easton sells a piece of shit shaft, just because its green.

I beg to differ. In my opinion, the shaft looks hideous. Neon green? It's for riceboys and scum like that, no offense to anyone who takes offense to that.

dude when our rep came in and showed the 2004 stuff to us, there were a few HS Varsity players in the store. They were looking at si-core grips, and when he pulled the octane out, the immediately dropped the OPS, and looked at that hunk of junk.

Neon green or not (and I wish it was the latter! :D ), the only reason we went for them was they were cheap, and we needed sticks. Hockey gear isn't as easily found over here as it is in North America, particularly sticks, and we didn't have much choice.

Just out of interest, as I've never used 'em before - what is it that's so bad about 'em?

Neon green or not (and I wish it was the latter! :D ), the only reason we went for them was they were cheap, and we needed sticks. Hockey gear isn't as easily found over here as it is in North America, particularly sticks, and we didn't have much choice.

Just out of interest, as I've never used 'em before - what is it that's so bad about 'em?

just cheaply made. They are the Eastons cheapest stick this year. Check your PM's by the way.

dude when our rep came in and showed the 2004 stuff to us, there were a few HS Varsity players in the store. They were looking at si-core grips, and when he pulled the octane out, the immediately dropped the OPS, and looked at that hunk of junk.

well that's probably because it was new to them, and they wanted to see what it was. I'm pretty sure though that none of them bought one, after seeing the price tag.

A teamate of mine and I each got an Octane from two different stores, both had a hairline crack on the bottom side of the shaft right where you insert the blade. We had them looked at by the Easton rep who said there was nothing wrong with it but if we cracked them they would replace it (We got an additional 45 days warrenty) or we could ship them back to Easton to get replaced, not worth $20 to ship a $30 stick. After looking at the other sticks in the store we also noticed that they all had the same hairline crack. Funny thing is that I can't find the Octane anymore at my LHS.

A couple of guys from my team just ordered some Easton Octane shafts (the cheap ones - bright green), as we had a bizarre run of stick-breaking last week....

Quick questions - I know they're not exactly going to be top-of-the-line, really expensive-type performers, but are they passable? I.E, will they break in a light breeze, or are they decent enough for roller?

Cheers for any responses.... :)

If I'm not mistaken that stick has the same specs as the 9001 Carbon I've got (the orange one). As stated already, it's not going to last forever, but I haven't broken mine yet. I've had it for about a year...playing once a week.

the bright green is kinda funky though.