Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zrez

workout question

For anyone who has some knowlegde of working out. I know your suppose to vary your routine in order to trick your muscles so they dont get used to doing the same excersizes. I've been doing calastetics(sp?) latley but iam not finding i am getting the gains i want. I was thinking of doing one week with weights then one week calastetics in order to keep my muscles guessing. However; Iam not usre if this would be productive or counter productive. maybe instead of switching every week I do it every 3 days or something?

thanks.

How long have you been going at your current routine? What exactly is your current routine like? Are you sure that you're doing the exercises properly? Are you getting enough recovery time? What's your diet like? There are SO many variables.

For anyone who has some knowlegde of working out. I know your suppose to vary your routine in order to trick your muscles so they dont get used to doing the same excersizes. I've been doing calastetics(sp?) latley but iam not finding i am getting the gains i want. I was thinking of doing one week with weights then one week calastetics in order to keep my muscles guessing. However; Iam not usre if this would be productive or counter productive. maybe instead of switching every week I do it every 3 days or something?

thanks.

Are you trying to build muscle? Calisthenics are a cardio work-out, so you aren't going to see any size gains from that. Incorporating muscle confusion into your workouts doesn't mean you have to switch your workout every 3 days. If you are lifting weights you should switch your lifts up every couple of weeks or so. Instead of doing a flat bench press every time you should do incline dumbbell press. You should check out bodybuilding.com for some workout advice. Even if you aren't into bodybuilding you can learn a lot about fitness and working out.

If you are looking into building hockey endurance you should research HITT (high-intensity interval training). It will teach explosiveness and train your body to be more efficient and recover faster.

thanks.

Are you trying to build muscle? Calisthenics are a cardio work-out, so you aren't going to see any size gains from that. Incorporating muscle confusion into your workouts doesn't mean you have to switch your workout every 3 days. If you are lifting weights you should switch your lifts up every couple of weeks or so. Instead of doing a flat bench press every time you should do incline dumbbell press. You should check out bodybuilding.com for some workout advice. Even if you aren't into bodybuilding you can learn a lot about fitness and working out.

If you are looking into building hockey endurance you should research HITT (high-intensity interval training). It will teach explosiveness and train your body to be more efficient and recover faster.

I've used HITT and got great results all around. I saw increased strength, endurance, and muscle growth. Plus it's a shorter workout and if you're like me, you want to be in and out of the gym as quick as possible.

One other thing you may want to think about is combining the calisthenics with a weight training routine. For example, I used to combine pushups with bench pressing movements. Immediately after a set of incline bench, I'd get down and do as many pushups as I could. Or after a set on the lat bar, you can go and superset in some chin-ups or pull-ups. This may not work for everyone but I saw positive results from this method.

Also, it's good to switch up the movements like you mentioned. I preferred to do this more frequently than most people. I'd change up my routine sometimes every 2 weeks. I'd alternate exercises for specific body parts. For example, on chest/arms day, I'd alternate between incline bench and flat bench then change up the isolation movement as well. I'd do either peck-deck or cable crossovers, or dumbell flies. I'd also recommend to take Forbs advice and do your research. The last thing you want is to suffer an injury in the gym.

Are you eating enough? I know guys that work out well but dont eat enough of the good stuff, hence they stay small but lean