Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jumtao

Easton SE16 skates

I went to stick and puck with some friends today and one of them has the Easton SE16 skates. When he stops it makes this weird noise almost like a squeal.

The best I can describe the sound is that it almost resembles the howl of blowing wind. It's like as if his blade was hollow or something.

Has anyone experienced this before or know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks! :D

I get a weird sound off a fresh flat bottom v on S12s idk if it's that same exact sound but it's definetly akward my brothers vapors get it slightly but not nearly as loud...who knows

My old CCM 752's also made that sound. At least in my case, it had to do with the natural resonance of the V in the chamber I guess. However, as the plastic within the chasis as well as the footbed "softened" due to age it became less and less noticeable until it finally went away all together (either that or I just stopped noticing it).

I went to stick and puck with some friends today and one of them has the Easton SE16 skates. When he stops it makes this weird noise almost like a squeal.

The best I can describe the sound is that it almost resembles the howl of blowing wind. It's like as if his blade was hollow or something.

Has anyone experienced this before or know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks! :D

I had this with Mission Pitch holders and to a lesser extent with my E-Pro holders. I attribute it to the sharpening because after a few sessions when the blades were less sharp the noise went away for the most part. With the Pitch holders it sounded like the refs whistle.

I had this with Mission Pitch holders and to a lesser extent with my E-Pro holders. I attribute it to the sharpening because after a few sessions when the blades were less sharp the noise went away for the most part. With the Pitch holders it sounded like the refs whistle.

That's more or less how my friends skate sounds. Kinda like wind blowing over an empty bottle. Also they are new skates so I don't think the 'old-ness' of the skate is the issue. I'll see how it goes after his blade dulls out a bit. I think he's using a 1/2" hollow.

JR may chime in here, but it has to do with the sharpening. Something to do with the angle of the hollow. An experienced sharpener would know more...