Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tryandstopme

proper snapshot tips/videos

Was hoping to get some help with proper snapshot technique. I searched the site for some step-by-step basics but didn't find what I was looking for (that's not to say that its not out there).

I've seen Chadd say that on his snappers the puck starts on his tape and that he's using the stick and flex load to propel the puck. I was always taught the "mini slapshot" version of the snapper where you wind up a couple of inches behind the puck.

In looking on Youtube I'm only seeing snapshot how-to's on everything from the mini slapshot technique to some kinda wacky sweepshot techniques.... Anyone have any basic step by step instructions or links to videos that show proper snapper technique?

There is no "official" definition of a snap shot. That's why you see people on youtube calling anything and everything a snap shot.

There is no "official" definition of a snap shot. That's why you see people on youtube calling anything and everything a snap shot.

Exactly. A real snap shot has no wind up. The whole point of the shot is a quick, deceptive release.