Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

deeper fit than one95 skate?

is the flexlite 4.0 the only skate that is similar fit than one95 except even deeper? does graf offer any options?

should add that the one95 fit me perfectly until i changed the stock footbed to a graf custom sidas and now i'm getting a little bit of lace bite.

The G70 is Grafs deep skate but I can say that it is not as deep as the One95, I've tried on both. At least for my foot, yours may be different.

my one95s are borderline not deep enough for me.

my foot fits nicely into the flexlite boots, though.

i'm not sure about models made by graf that might fit you, but as far as another skate with a very deep fit, i also wear a torspo surge 221 with no depth issues.

however... if you're asking about graf, you're probably not the least bit interested in torspo.

The G70 is Grafs deep skate but I can say that it is not as deep as the One95, I've tried on both. At least for my foot, yours may be different.

The Graf G70 and CCM U+ variants are much deeper than the One95. I've worn the One95, One55 and Vapor XXXX skates and the Flexlites, none of them are as deep from heel to instep than the Graf G70 or CCM U+ skates.

The Bauer skates all seem to have a classic "L" configuration and though the Flexlite is wider and deeper, in most cases it isnt wider or deeper than the CCM U+ or Graf G70 IMO

I've yet to find anyone who will say the One95 is deeper than the Graf G70...Maybe deeper than the Graf 735 but not the G70

The Graf G70 and CCM U+ variants are much deeper than the One95. I've worn the One95, One55 and Vapor XXXX skates and the Flexlites, none of them are as deep from heel to instep than the Graf G70 or CCM U+ skates.

The Bauer skates all seem to have a classic "L" configuration and though the Flexlite is wider and deeper, in most cases it isnt wider or deeper than the CCM U+ or Graf G70 IMO

I've yet to find anyone who will say the One95 is deeper than the Graf G70...Maybe deeper than the Graf 735 but not the G70

Well, your experience varies from mine then, different skates for different feet.

I've tried on both the One95 and the G70 and the One95 EASILY passes the pencil test for me over the entire boot. The G70 passes till about the 5th eyelet then hits me fairly significantly.

And I've also tried on the U+ Reloaded and it wasnt EVEN CLOSE to being deep enough for me. I could not pass the pencil test from about the third eyelet all the way to the tongue. Maybe upon baking that would change, but hard to tell when trying on in the store, all I can say is what I experienced.

The depth from the heel to the instep may be longer on the G70, but I also consider the depth over the instep as part of my statement and there it is less deep than the Bauer.

So please dont correct me and tell me I'm wrong and that you've "yet to find anyone that says the One95 is deeper." Now you've met them and I'm not talking out of my ass, I'm talking from about a month of traveling all over MD and VA looking for a skate that fit me properly. I finally settled on custom, but the One95 was the best and most roomy skate I tried on out of the box.

I guess its a perfect example for try them on and not to go by what someone on the internet says.

Well, you must have fairly odd feet then. Were all the skates the same size?

If you held up a G70 to a One95..You'll see how they are constructed and where the depth is. The G70 and CCM's are wider and deeper in just about every aspect...Then again, I've seen people fail the pencil test on a Flexlite 4.0 and not on the Vapor..

I do have weird feet, not arguing there. :D

I get lace bite over the instep with the Grafs and like I said, did not get it at all with the Supremes.

The CCM wasnt even close for me in either width or volume. Now, again, those are highly dependent on baking, which I couldnt do in store to "try out" so not sure how it would change.

But, for me, the Supreme was close to being wide enough. The Graf was not quite as wide in forefoot and had to be stretched, the CCM wasnt even close. The CCM was also way too narrow in the arch area.

The Supreme let me pass the pencil test over entire boot, I fail it with the Graf over the instep about the 5th eyelet down. The CCM I failed miserably.

All skates were a 7.5 wide version. Length was about the same with all three boots with about the same room fore/aft in all three. The Supreme was not only wide enough and had enough volume, it did it while still keeping my heel locked in the best as well, while the Graf would allow for movement in the heel. In order to lock the heel in the Grafs I need to really tighten the laces over the instep which makes the lace bite even more.

If I was buying a stock skate, would have been the 7.5 Supremes. But decided to go with a full custom instead to make sure it fit perfectly and any width and depth issue is accounted for in the measurements.

So again, what works for one might not be the other, in my case the Supreme definitely had more volume and width than either the Graf or CCM.

BTW, the One75 is completely different and was not even close to working for me, while the One95 had plenty of room. So dont be thinking about the rest of the Supreme line if you're comparing the fit as the 95 seems to be a completely different animal with a lot more volume than the rest of the series.

Yes, its certainly toward the toe side of the "bend" in the ankle/foot. Its over the navicular and cuniform area in this image.

032-foot-plantar-view1.jpg

That is where mine is. Of course I failed the pencil test badly in all Bauer, Mission, Easton and Reebok products.

Could also depend on the way the heel and arch of the foot fit into the boot too. I dont know, as I said, that is where I had issues on many of the skates but cleared just fine on the One95. Oh well.

Nope. Normal.

I have a wide forefoot with very little taper (think paddle :D), normal arch with high instep, narrower than would be normal for width in the heel, so normal for a normal width foot, and I guess fairly deep from back of heel to instep. Right foot smaller than left and seemingly narrower heel as well as I often have problems with the fit of the heel in the left skate.

I also have bones that sick out all over the place that require punching.

I tried on about every skate out there, CCM U+ Reloaded, Flexalite 4.0, Vapor X60, Supreme One95, Reebok 11k, Graf G70 and 705, and the Easton SE16. One95 best out of the box, but decided to go custom.

Anyway, we've taken this way too far off the original topic. I guess all we've accomplished is made it clear that nothing is a substitute for trying a skate on. :D