Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Bob

Lonny Bohonos on being a replacement player

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2004/10/14/669075.html

But let it be understood that if the NHL ever attempts to reconvene with replacement players -- which is seeming more likely with each passing day -- that not an angry word be taken seriously from any NHLPA member who challenges a replacement player. They aren't acting like scabs; it just seems that way.

"That's what they're doing, isn't it?" asked Bohonos. "Isn't it? I understand what they're fighting for. I used to be one of them. I never cared much for the business side of hockey but I've got a family to feed. I've got to get the best deal I can get."

Perhaps a year from now, when the NHL may open its training camp doors to anyone who will enter, Lonny Bohonos will gladly compete for a job.

"One hundred percent," he said. "I can tell you that right now. If they want me to be a replacement player, I'll play."

Maybe, just maybe, he'll take a job from someone who took his.

The ratings were bad when the NFL used replacement players. But, it did get the union to crack as every week you had a few more players crossing the picket line.

Someone took Bohono's job? My ass, that guys still searching for his own end. Damn Cherry picker.

They took his job in Europe. He'd still be there if it wasn't for the lockout.