Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RussianDangler15

pro roller hockey

I play in a rec league with many PIHA players, and from what I understand, you pay for uniforms and equipment, unless you have a private sponsorship. One of the local teams sells tickets, and after the costs are recovered, all additional money is split among the players. From what I hear, they have not made very much extra money yet.

My area has 2 PIHA teams, and there is a joint tryout. After that try-out the teams "draft" the players they want. Players that are not selected for either team can join a "minor league" team, which is usually based out of one of the surrounding roller-rinks. Those minor league teams play eachother once a week for a slightly better level of competition than their regular beer leagues. Again, they have to buy their own uniforms and equipment, and there is no chance of any money.

Depending on your age, I hear there is a "Master's League" for us old guys (30 and over) that can't keep up with the kids anymore. It works something like the minor league described above. I have not explored this option personally yet, but it might be worth some of us older guys looking into.

As to your question about certain players to watch, check out CJ Yoder. One of the best inline players ever. Just google the name.