Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RussianDangler15

pro roller hockey

I mainly play ice hockey but play in an inline rec team for fun with friends but find roller is pretty fun and i was thinking about pro roller kind of as a what if type of thing so how does it work like drafting, divisons, points, and about how much do they make on average. Also who are the top teams and players i would like to learn more about inline because evan though ice is my favorite i find inline to be surprisingly very fun.

www.aihlhockey.com

I know it's considered "pro" but most of the guys playing have to fork over money just to be on their local team. That's all I really know of.

You're not getting paid to play in AIHL. You are paying to play or playing for a team that is sponsored or has fundraisers so you don't pay.

The only way you're getting paid in the states for 'Pro' roller hockey is if you put a team in Narch or Torhs and win their Pro division.

Europe does have some pro roller hockey leagues in I think Spain and Italy that I recall. I don't know too much about those league though.

There are no pro leagues here in Spain, but in the top League, most of the teams have foreign players from Sweden, Slovenia, Czech Republic, etc... and these players get some "benefits" for playing and sometimes teaching (home, car, $$$).

Recently Itan Chavira and Greg thompson, were playing in the Spanish league.

You're not getting paid to play in AIHL. You are paying to play or playing for a team that is sponsored or has fundraisers so you don't pay.

The only way you're getting paid in the states for 'Pro' roller hockey is if you put a team in Narch or Torhs and win their Pro division.

I have a few friends who play AIHL and they gave me a little low down on the fees for the season (around 30 games I think). I don't want to talk out of my ass (in case they're completely wrong) but the prices reasonable for sure but it's pretty insane that there are people willing to pay that much. If you got sponsorships or fundraisers knocking off those costs it seems like a blast. They totally don't have either. Hahaha

In the AIHL it totally depends on the team. Some teams have higher fees than others depending on cost of rink time, travel, etc. Some team owners also own the rink and cover most of the cost (for example, I believe the owner of the team in Ripon doesn't make his major players pay a dime and provides equipment). My team the cost is around 400-450 a year with a few fundraisers thrown in.

In the AIHL it totally depends on the team. Some teams have higher fees than others depending on cost of rink time, travel, etc. Some team owners also own the rink and cover most of the cost (for example, I believe the owner of the team in Ripon doesn't make his major players pay a dime and provides equipment). My team the cost is around 400-450 a year with a few fundraisers thrown in.

Wow. That's almost free to what my buddies were telling me they pay. hahahaha.

i know of a team that makes you play in their house league for 3 seasons and each season is $220. that is fucking insane. its probably the dirtiest, smallest shit hole in the entire AIHL league. They care more about the money than they do the team. As far as I'm told none of that money goes towards the team as in rink time, hotel stay, carpool.

RHI was cool. I wonder what those guys made.

Chris Imes used to teach a learn to play hockey clinic in pittsburgh and he said they made $500 for a win and $300 for a loss per game.

I was pretty young then but the local channel here would show San Diego Barracudas games. What I keep trying to remember is if they played on a sport court type of surface or smooth painted concrete... Does anyone remember?

Also... Remember Pro Beach Hockey? DIE DIE DIE.

They played on Sport Court.

We had the Bullfrogs and the Blades up here in LA area. If I remember correctly, they played at the Pond and the Forum.

I've still got my Barracudas jersey from one of my teams as a kid.

Hahaha yeah the Anaheim Bullfrogs and the SD Barracudas were the dominant teams on the West Coast. I remember they would hype the rivalry on our TV station here. I just used to really get annoyed by the 4 quarters instead of the 3 periods.

Like others stated before, the RHI was the only "true" Pro league(As in the only guys that got payed to play)....There are a few leagues around today that they market and the players consider themselves "Pros"...But dont get payed and is mainly a glorified Mens beer league....There is some crappy league that travels around and plays at diffrent rinks and again markets themselves as "Pros" but look them up on youtube, its like watching a good beer league game...

Bottom line, Roller hockey as a professional sport has been tried many, many times in diffrent variations and have failed everytime...It will never be a profitable enough sport to support any form of "TRUE" professional league....

It will never be a profitable enough sport to support any form of "TRUE" professional league....

I don't believe that statement. But at this moment, no it's not very profitable. And really... it's because it's not fun to watch. It really isn't. I could dive into this more but don't feel like it. I think it boils down to the rules and coast to coast style of play.

I don't believe that statement. But at this moment, no it's not very profitable. And really... it's because it's not fun to watch. It really isn't. I could dive into this more but don't feel like it. I think it boils down to the rules and coast to coast style of play.

If this is what you want to discuss I recommend going to IHC. This "debate" has been going on there for over 10 years. I come here to avoid it.

If this is what you want to discuss I recommend going to IHC. This "debate" has been going on there for over 10 years. I come here to avoid it.

I SECOND THAT MAN!...Thats why I got away from that site along time ago....Some people just dont realize how long or how many people have tried or how much money has been dumped into trying to make pro roller hockey work and bottom line it does not work....

Well I dont know how much "actual" experiance(business wise) you have with either running a "Pro" league or team, but I can tell you from personal experiance it wont happen........The only concept that had potential was a local Cali Pro league, but even still they couldnt make enough to pay the bills....

But seriously go to IHC and read up, a ton of worthless argumeents there....

Sorry dudes. I don't post on other sites so I never really see the argument. Also, I wasn't trying to knock roller hockey, as I grew up in San Diego and that was all I played. It's a blast to play.

i know of a team that makes you play in their house league for 3 seasons and each season is $220. that is fucking insane. its probably the dirtiest, smallest shit hole in the entire AIHL league. They care more about the money than they do the team. As far as I'm told none of that money goes towards the team as in rink time, hotel stay, carpool.

Is that the team playing out of Inman? The Wolves I think?