Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RussianDangler15

pro roller hockey

Yes there is college roller hockey. Except DI and DII are not based on the NCAA division the school plays in. For example I play for the University of Miami which is DI in NCAA sports but in roller hockey we are DII. Heres the site for the National Collegiate Roller Hockey Association: http://ncrha.org/

Is that the team playing out of Inman? The Wolves I think?

the team i talked about above is not the new jersey savage wolves out of inman sports club of edison new jersey.

I was looking at the PIHA i think it is but how do you evan end up on on one of these teams is there a scouting system and a draft or even a tryout or what?

Tryouts are held usually during the summer time. But for the most part its all about who you know.

Yes there is college roller hockey. Except DI and DII are not based on the NCAA division the school plays in. For example I play for the University of Miami which is DI in NCAA sports but in roller hockey we are DII. Heres the site for the National Collegiate Roller Hockey Association: http://ncrha.org/

It is considered a club sport, not anyway associated with the NCAA...And depending on where you go to school depends on if you get funding from the school....However the NCRHA is a great orginization and many of the schools in NC have college club teams....PM me if you want more info on the NC schools or college inline in general....

hey this goes with the topic. is their college roller hockey like unc for example. and d1 teams that play.

PM me if you want anymore info on the NC teams...

i edited my post...... my mom says that if you dont have anything nice to say.... that you probly shouldnt say anything at all.

I wouldnt call them pro leagues,I would say more elite leagues.maybe they dont get paid ,but the kids /young men playing are at the elite level of the game.Ive watched some games and thought the talent was very very good.over all, I like what I see and hope it works out. maybe this could be the up start of a future paying league some where down the line.roller is still a young sport.if its 20yrs down the road ,so be it.everything starts some where.

OK, time for me to chime in a little. Roller hockey as a whole does not have any true Pro leagues right now. PIHA and AIHL are the top leagues for any player to play in on a consistent basis. These leagues are trying to develop top level places for the upper echelon of players to play in. I think it is needed and great and should be supported by anyone who likes roller hockey. Is it the best hockey going and completely entertaining yet? Not yet, but some of the teams put on quite a show and if you love the game then it is a fun way to go. If you are a top level player looking to keep playing, then this is a good option to keep that up. Most teams you have to play or gather sponsorships, but so what, you get to play at the top level.

I can imagine beach volleyball started in a similar way and was probably frowned on by the elite volleyball people at the time. No who is laughing?

As far as the RHI goes, the first year or 2 I think we made $150 for a win and $120 for a loss plus the team handled all of the housing and travel expenses and all equipment and sticks were free and stuff. I think near the end of the run the money was around $200 for a win or so and you played about 30 games, so for a summer gig it was a great way to go.

Roller hockey may never have the level of the RHI again, but time will tell and for now I think support for our sport should be, if you love it build it if you don't get out of the way.

There are colleges handing out scholarships for roller hockey and that is an amazing thing. We have tournaments that are bigger and better than most any tournaments and we have prize money for the pros that is very good. We are doing well and starting to build on a much deeper foundation for a solid future ahead.

That is my 2 cents anyways. by the way Pro Beach Hockey was fun and gathered a lot of people talking about it. Those were good days.

oh cool cool.

I'll have to look for some of old RHI pucks and whatnot. I just saw one selling for $15 or so on ebay yesterday. wow

I've got a Bullfrogs goalie practice jersey somewhere too. Not sure WHY I have it. lol

How can a "pro" league be taken seriously when you have a team named The New Jersey Rockin' Rollers? :facepalm: I remember when they first came out and they were selling season tickets for like 30 bucks or something ridiculous like that. At least they played in Brendan Byrne Arena, sorry I mean Continental Airlines Arena, sorry again I mean the Izod Center. But I have to say, at the time I would rather have gone there to watch them than the other jerk-off hockey team that used to play there.

They must have been more entertaining than the devils.

Watching my dog poop is dramatically more entertaining than the devils trap.... and I liked the Rockin' Rollers jerseys

How can a "pro" league be taken seriously when you have a team named The New Jersey Rockin' Rollers? :rolleyes: I remember when they first came out and they were selling season tickets for like 30 bucks or something ridiculous like that. At least they played in Brendan Byrne Arena, sorry I mean Continental Airlines Arena, sorry again I mean the Izod Center. But I have to say, at the time I would rather have gone there to watch them than the other jerk-off hockey team that used to play there.

I can agree with that, but how about the Mighty Ducks, I mean the Ducks (water fowl ooooohhhh scary) who play in the Arrowhead Pond, no I mean the Honda Center

They must have been more entertaining than the devils.

Watching my dog poop is dramatically more entertaining than the devils trap.... and I liked the Rockin' Rollers jerseys

Win.

We just won MLRH PRO, so it's very much alive.

To a point it is alive.....MLRH has had trouble pretty much from the start...Mostly the problems are with the management of the teams themselves....Take for example that joke of a team the Florida Fusion, money/bills didnt get paid and the money seemed to vanish, just total inexperiance of how to run a team/business by the guys that tried to do it....

Anyway, in some parts of the country MLRH has done well and is run well...Same goes for the PIHA well run organization...However those glory days of the RHI and games being held in "actual" arenas were awsome, but the sport will not make it to that level, hell even at that level it was hard to pay the bills....I know it rubs alot of people wrong to hear "it wont happen again" and to hold on to the dream is great, I would love to see it myself...But just look at some "REAL PROFESSIONAL" sports leagues that are popular but still have finacial trouble....

Without churning up IHC stuff, MLRH has had better days in the past. They recently reorganized and got alot better, like cash prizes, board of directors, etc.

I didn't mean to stir the pot. Congrats on the win, and hope that they are able to come back strong and expand. Like I said, it was great being able to play contact/checking inline hockey. It really shuts up those guys who like to say that if inline guys tried ice, they'd be "laid out".

oh you aren't stirring the pot at all. I think alot of people have quite a few opinions on MLRH as well as contact in roller hockey. This season was a big one for us, and we had a good time for the most part, minus all the administrative issues.