Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furlanitalia

Winter Classic 5

Once again . A Canadian team will NOT be put in the winter classic because theyre having their own now. Montreal / Calgary this yr. But i agree with you , Minnisota has awesome hockey fans and they deserve a WC. Its just gonna be a few years.

I only named Vancouver because they seem to be Minnesota's best rival.

I'm all for Minnesota. Closest thing to Canada in the States. Seriously, that is what we Canadians think of as a hockey state. Minnesota, Michigan, and North Dakota. Likely only because they are cold as shit.

Add Wisconsin to that list too. We dont have an NHL team but we play just as much hockey here as they do in any of those other states.

Add Wisconsin to that list too. We dont have an NHL team but we play just as much hockey here as they do in any of those other states.

Gotta disagree there. There is a huge influx of youth players in the Milwaukee and surrounding area, but we are no way we hold a candle to Minnesota.

Winter CLassic at Lambeau, however, I like the sound of that..... :popcorn:

Gotta disagree there. There is a huge influx of youth players in the Milwaukee and surrounding area, but we are no way we hold a candle to Minnesota.

Check out Madison and the north part of the state sometime. You might be surprised. We have at least a dozen highschool programs just in the Madison area and Wisconsin has 7 D-3 hockey programs and we also have the mens' and womens' programs at UW-Madison. Not to mention we have the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals, Janesville Jets and Green Bay Gamblers. Not saying that we are better than Minnesota, North Dakota or Michigan; but Id say we're right there and are very deserving to be reffered to as one of the hockey states.

Its amazing how people dont see Wisconsin as a hockey state because we dont have an NHL team, even though we have 2 of the most successful hockey programs in the country (and who average about 15,000 people per game for the Badgers mens' games).

Winter CLassic at Lambeau, however, I like the sound of that..... :popcorn:

In '05 the Wisconsin Badgers played Ohio State at Lambeau. The event was actually quite a success for that time. A little over 40,000 people attended the game.

Check out Madison and the north part of the state sometime. You might be surprised. We have at least a dozen highschool programs just in the Madison area and Wisconsin has 7 D-3 hockey programs and we also have the mens' and womens' programs at UW-Madison. Not to mention we have the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals, Janesville Jets and Green Bay Gamblers. Not saying that we are better than Minnesota, North Dakota or Michigan; but Id say we're right there and are very deserving to be reffered to as one of the hockey states.

Its amazing how people dont see Wisconsin as a hockey state because we dont have an NHL team, even though we have 2 of the most successful hockey programs in the country (and who average about 15,000 people per game for the Badgers mens' games).

In '05 the Wisconsin Badgers played Ohio State at Lambeau. The event was actually quite a success for that time. A little over 40,000 people attended the game.

Not gonna get in a pissing match but within in 30 minutes in any direction of my house just north of the metro I have:

an 8 rink indoor hockey facility

10 hockey training facilities

6 - 2 rink indoor arenas

20+ indoor one rink arenas

No less than 50 outdoor rinks

The worlds largest outdoor refrigerated sheet of ice that has 4 rinks on it.

5 other OUTDOOR refrigerated rinks

On one stretch of road within 3 miles there are 4 full service hockey shops

There are an additional 15(?) full service shops within the 30 minute range.

EVERY high school team has boys and girls hockey (Varsity and JV)

I live in a smaller hockey community (400 kids play in our association)

There are 5 Division 1 NCAA programs

Not sure how many d3.....many

Our association based youth program is the model program in the country

In the metro area lone there are more than 30 AAA Summer hockey programs that have multiple teams at each age level.

Every year we put more boys and girls into major NCAA programs than any other state.

World Junior team had 5 minnesotans next closest was 3.

Not sure if anyone was from Wisconsin.

i will jump off now I have respect for any state that has hockey so please don't take this as an insult. Just some of the facts. Will we get a Winter Classic? probably not the WILD Suck.....and we still sell it out.

I get that, I was one of them. There just isnt sufficient interest or fan base in the state to warrant this game at Lambeau. Could they do it at Miller Park? certainly. Will/Should they? no.

for all non-cheeseheads: Green Bay (actually Ashwaubenon) is 2-2.5 hours north, city of 60,000. Small in comparison to Philly/Pittsburgh or even Milwaukee for that matter. The Badger game was great, but thats Badger Hockey, not real life.

^^^^^^

Sounds like my version of heaven. :biggrin:

It is! I did not even mention the greatest single hockey event.....The Minnesota State High School Hockey tourney. Sellout Excel Energy enter for 4 days to watch High School Hockey 18000 per session 2 sessions per day, televised as well. The highlight of players careers. Stanley Cup and Gold medal winners from Minnesota still claim the State tourney as THE single greatest hockey moment.....winning with your buddies.

If you play hockey and have a bucket list.....move it to the top, nothing like it.

Not gonna get in a pissing match but within in 30 minutes in any direction of my house just north of the metro I have:

an 8 rink indoor hockey facility

10 hockey training facilities

6 - 2 rink indoor arenas

20+ indoor one rink arenas

No less than 50 outdoor rinks

The worlds largest outdoor refrigerated sheet of ice that has 4 rinks on it.

5 other OUTDOOR refrigerated rinks

On one stretch of road within 3 miles there are 4 full service hockey shops

There are an additional 15(?) full service shops within the 30 minute range.

EVERY high school team has boys and girls hockey (Varsity and JV)

I live in a smaller hockey community (400 kids play in our association)

There are 5 Division 1 NCAA programs

Not sure how many d3.....many

Our association based youth program is the model program in the country

In the metro area lone there are more than 30 AAA Summer hockey programs that have multiple teams at each age level.

Every year we put more boys and girls into major NCAA programs than any other state.

World Junior team had 5 minnesotans next closest was 3.

Not sure if anyone was from Wisconsin.

i will jump off now I have respect for any state that has hockey so please don't take this as an insult. Just some of the facts. Will we get a Winter Classic? probably not the WILD Suck.....and we still sell it out.

Im not insulted at all. I never meant to insinuate that Wisconsin is more of a hockey state than Minnesota. Its not. I was merely saying that when people think of, "hockey states", Wisconsin deserves to be on that list. We play a ton of hockey in this state.

Anyways, I'll jump off this topic now too. I dont want to steer this thread too far off topic, I just felt the need to represent my state.