Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbgordon

Player Looking for Ice in Baltimore

Hey all,

I'll be moving to Baltimore from Boston in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone had any info on pick-up or adult teams in the area? Also, any info on good shops to get equipment and skates sharpened would be very helpful. Thanks.

-Jeremy

Hey, me and a group of guys play pick up in Abingdon, MD on Friday nights. The rink is called Ice World... here is their internet site.

Ice World

They do have a pro shop there but the selection is kind of limited. A few of the guys there are very helpful.

Abingdon is about 30 minutes from downtown Baltimore.

I turned down a position running that store 5 yrs ago. Wasn't impressed with their business plan.

Really? Ive only been going to this rink for about 2 or 2.5 years and it isnt my "primary" rink. The first year and a half, I didn't know they had a pro shop... the place was ALWAYS closed it seemed. I have never been impressed with their selection or prices for that matter, but I've gotten a few small things from there.

Dangle,

Thanks for the info. I just got into Baltimore, and I'm really looking to continue playing without any lengthy break. I'm going to show up tomorrow, so I hope to see you there. How is the skate in terms of talent level? Also, any other evening skates that you may be able to recommend?

As for the pro-shop, I'm not really too concerned for equipment, as I'm pretty well set up for the time being, but where is a good place in the area to get my skates sharpened?

Thanks for the help.

-Jeremy

Really? Ive only been going to this rink for about 2 or 2.5 years and it isnt my "primary" rink. The first year and a half, I didn't know they had a pro shop... the place was ALWAYS closed it seemed. I have never been impressed with their selection or prices for that matter, but I've gotten a few small things from there.

Yeah, at the time he wasn't looking to stock skates, he only wanted to invest a low sum of money into the shop, and there was a bonus structure when it came to my salary. He was really looking for someone to lease out the place, not sure if that is what they ended up doing.