Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MIAPlayer

How Do You Take Your Hockey Gear On An Airplane?

I've flown with my gear a number of times and I've always taped my sticks to my bag. I just criss-cross the shoulder (handle) straps of my bag over the stick and tape the stick in between. I've found that taking a two piece makes the most sense because I just toss the blade in the bag and re-insert. If it's an OPS I just bring one I don't care about.

You're very lucky that it hasn't been caught up on a baggage belt. I've seen that happen a few times with golf clubs as well as hockey sticks, it's not pretty.

I should probably be a bit more careful, but it's that old adage of doing the same things until you get burned. I do prefer when they let you count the sticks (separate) and the bag as one item. I'll probably try that route from now on out if it works.

Great news: I picked up HockeyMonkey's last remaining One95 and it was in my curve and flex :D all for $150 USD...compared to $190 CND.

Bought an S13 stick bag for $10 and a Jr Easton Ultralite blade for my brother.

Thanks for the advice Chadd, instead of bubble wrap, i'll just use some paper towels and an actual towel and try those cardboard strips along both the stick and bag. Wish me luck

I've traveled by air with my hockey gear once and it was a surprisingly painless experience. I used JetBlue which allows your first checked bag for free, $25 dollars for second checked bag, and $75 for a third checked bag. I brought a suitcase, hockey bag, and stick bag. JetBlue only charged me $25 for one additional bag. I didn't tape my stick bag down or anything drastic like that. I ended up staying at my destination for 8 days which didn't work for bringing a carry-on suitcase, but if I had, I could have flown with all that stuff with no additional fees. I definitely recommend putting your sticks in a stick bag.