Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bulletproof_funk

Bad skate days

I've been skating in my Graf 609's for a good 10 months now and for the most part they have fit great, best fitting skate that I have used. Lately though, I've been having days where I feel I have to tighten my skates more than normal so they fit right. In doing so, I can skate fine, but my feet hurt in the arch area for several minutes after taking off my skates. The flip side is if I loosen them, I don't feel that I am getting the support I am accustomed to.

Has this happened to you? If so how often? How did you fix the problem (aside from buying new skates)?

I used to get similar problems with my Bauer T4 Inline's. I had to do the laces up PERFECT. Too little tension and I felt like a duck on ice, too much and my feet would cramp and feel like they were in a vice. This would happen in all weather. From 12.c to 40.c both opposites would occur If I didn't concentrate on getting the lace tension perfect. I just bought Nike Roller Daddy's no probz what so ever like the T4's. Funny thing was the T4's felt perfect at the begining but after 1-2 years they felt like crapoli!

The boot doesn't seem to have gotten any softer and I've been drying them out after every use with fans after removing the insoles. The support is still there when the lace tension is perfect like Aussie Joe has also experienced.

I'd like to first figure out if I'm doing something wrong before I look to replacing my current skates. I'm not budgeted for new skates yet esp. after only 10 months of use, plus a similar thing happened on my Pure Flys before, only I didn't take care of those as well.

Now, I use waxed laces, the "generic" Source for Sports ones that some would consider to be heavy on the wax. Could extra wax residue in the eyelets be causing my laces to slip more somehow? Or maybe somehow my boot has stretched more quickly from summer hockey 3.5h/week? Something else maybe?

Hmmm its difficult to say from here. As I really need to see how you do your laces up, skating style, and wear etc on the boot/eyelets.

You can't make exact scienceout of lace tension if your skates are like me T4's. I dunno, take your time when lacing and really concentrate. Hard to do in the locker room when theres so much talk floating around about GF's and "last night's chugg- a- thon." Make a go and tell us what the result is.

you could cut out the arch of the skate with an exacto knife.... just cut the white fury part of the bottom of the skate....or first you could try flatter insoles...

It sounds like you might be collapsing your arch when you tie your skates too tight. It just pushes your foot into an uncomfortable position and causes cramping. Try buying a pair of good insoles (shockdoctors or superfeet) they should support your arch better when you tie them tight and won't allow it to collapse as easily.