Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

starsfan71

College Football Realignment

Yup....

Texas want it's fiefdom. They had it in the SWC and they had it in the Big 12, now it gets even easier with Nebraska gone and no conference championship, which would probably be a rematch of the Red River Shootout.

I wold love to see the AGGIES come back to prominence. They had a real god run a decade ago, but have not done all that much lately.

As long as the conference is part of the BCS, there is no benefit to being in a conference with other good teams. They stand a better chance of running the table and pocketing the big bowl money. As long as they can get a high enough preseason ranking, their strength of schedule won't make that much of a difference.

As long as the conference is part of the BCS, there is no benefit to being in a conference with other good teams. They stand a better chance of running the table and pocketing the big bowl money. As long as they can get a high enough preseason ranking, their strength of schedule won't make that much of a difference.

But it can drive other teams out. I have a feeling A&M, Tech, OU, and Mizzou will eventually make a break for it.

But it can drive other teams out. I have a feeling A&M, Tech, OU, and Mizzou will eventually make a break for it.

If they think they can make more money somewhere else, they will. Just reinforces the belief that college basketball and football are nothing more than minor league sports leagues wrapped in school colors.

Make no Mistake... College Football, is HUGE, HUGE business. TV networks including Cable, and network, sponsorships packages, athletic apparel, even on down to the price of beer on game day in college towns, IT all adds up to HUGE marketing dollars.

The top teams gross close well over 50 million annually, Texas was around 85 million last season. That's a lot of money for 12-14 games.

People LOVE college football. People love giving money to college football. Despite the media blitz and mega-sponsorships and billion dollar TV deals, and the "hired-gun student athletes".....there is still that sense of purity in the game that fosters an undying love for it.

there is still that sense of purity in the game that fosters an undying love for it.

I haven't met anyone that still believes that major college athletics have any sense of "purity".