Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turcotte44

Blade's Breaking in ultra lite shaft

my freind is kinda old school, anyways, he uses ultra lites, and he broke an easton hybrid blade in it i believe, after about 2 weeks. It broke right at the shaft. He got a new blade, differnet easton blade, forget the name, the kind thats been out for a while, normal woodie, after one pactice the blade broke at the same spot,. Any ideas whats wrong?

Sounds like he's catching too much ice and hitting it a bit "fat". Improving technique is the best solution if that's the case. Composite blades may hold up a bit better but nothing will last too long if he's burying the blade into the ice.

you might also check out what flex UL hes using...i had this problem with easton custom blades in a 110 UL when i was experimenting with that stiffness a little while back. they wer too stiff so when they didnt flex when hitting the ice something had to give, and it was the blade.

I agree with mm705. I'm thinking it's the flex. If you're buddy is using a shaft that is too stiff for his shooting style, then it often puts alot of stress on the hosel. If he can find a whippier shaft to experiment with, I would say that would probably give you much more insight: If the problem seems to go away, then it was most-likely the rigidity of the shaft. If not, then, as Chadd had said, he's got a problem with his technique, nothing that can't be fixed.