Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bender

Mission 2011 Axiom

They probably widened that part of the boot but kept the anatomical toe cap. You'd be surprised what a few milimeters will do...especially for my wide ass feet!

From the looks of the NARCH pics they shortened the toe cap from the SE line to the Axiom line

From the looks of the NARCH pics they shortened the toe cap from the SE line to the Axiom line

Shortened, but did they make it wider at all? Specifically, the point where the toecap meets the boot? I have a wide foot and my 8.5 Commander SEs don't bother me at all. The 8s KILLED me right in that area when I tried them on.

oh it's pure speculation on my part since I haven't seen the line in person. If they did shorten it though it puts more of the quarters around your foot which is more pliable than a toe cap. Of course Sean Riley and the rest of the Mission team is probably a bit busy with NARCH to come on here and answer right now

Wont get these in the UK for at least a year or so I reckon. So once again, i'll be ordering 'blind' and hoping they fit. Wish we had more stores over here with better stocks.

What's the fit like then? Same as 2010 fit?

I'm currently using Mission Leiutenants in an EE (I think) - how do I convert this for the Axiom?

the catalog pics are shot at angles, whereas the NARCH pics on FB are a straight profile shot. Every catalog pic shows the chassis being very heel biased for example whereas the live product pics show a much more normal mount. And I have looked at the catalog about a dozen times lol. The line looks good so long as the chassis mismounting and outsole construction issues from the SE line have been resolved.

Hey guys,

The new glove still carries roller features and has a bold new look. Axiom is our first true run working within Bauer. It has been unreal making the transition and there are only better things to come in the next few years. We have had the opportunity to work with the best skate team in the industry and the progress on new roller tech has been huge.

The gloves the Canadian and USA players are wearing during the IIHF Champs are custom colors. We will launch the entire line in San Jose at the NARCh Finals July 16th. Really excited about the gloves and skates this year. We will have a full line up of fit samples at NARCh, Player and our new G.7 Goal skate. We think the line looks fantastic but we will wait and see what everyone thinks July 16th.

Web will launch the night before the 16th to give a sneak peak. Second teaser video just launched on the FaceBook page today. Looking forward to hearing what you guys think of the Axiom line up!

Sean

Amazing work Sean.

Keep flying the flag brother!

K

Last year we had some players that had issues in the toe box area. We did not shorten the toe box or change the toe cap either. We just spent some time in R&D and at the factory level and made the needed improvements. Our new testing and product process has enabled us to react to the customer and address issues effectively year to year. We did a lot of fit testing with all of our test athletes during the past 6-8 months to make sure we had the right fit with the Axiom line up.

The new liner is simply a brushed nylon sublimated liner. We again did some testing and the results were that the preferred liner was the brushed nylon over the clarino. Clarino tends to stink quickly and for some it actually became abrasive and would hurt when the player was wearing them after many games without socks. Roller hockey there is so much sweat that the clarino was impacted differently than it was on ice. Brushed Nylon also drys a lot faster than clarino and when you are playing a lot of games at these roller tourneys you need fast dry materials. Clarino would actually add weight and hold moisture when we tested it at the tournament level. At the end of the day the brushed nylon came out on top so that is the direction we went.

Hope this helps.

Last year we had some players that had issues in the toe box area. We did not shorten the toe box or change the toe cap either. We just spent some time in R&D and at the factory level and made the needed improvements. Our new testing and product process has enabled us to react to the customer and address issues effectively year to year. We did a lot of fit testing with all of our test athletes during the past 6-8 months to make sure we had the right fit with the Axiom line up.

The new liner is simply a brushed nylon sublimated liner. We again did some testing and the results were that the preferred liner was the brushed nylon over the clarino. Clarino tends to stink quickly and for some it actually became abrasive and would hurt when the player was wearing them after many games without socks. Roller hockey there is so much sweat that the clarino was impacted differently than it was on ice. Brushed Nylon also drys a lot faster than clarino and when you are playing a lot of games at these roller tourneys you need fast dry materials. Clarino would actually add weight and hold moisture when we tested it at the tournament level. At the end of the day the brushed nylon came out on top so that is the direction we went.

Hope this helps.

Problem in the toe box? I have Commander SEs and the outsole on both skates is splitting from the toe box big time. I just got them mid-Summer and only play twice a week.

depends on the retailer and when they have stock in. Inline Warehouse has an expected date of 9-15, and if they do get theirs in by that time it'd be free 2 day shipping on the T9-T6 skates

depends on the retailer and when they have stock in. Inline Warehouse has an expected date of 9-15, and if they do get theirs in by that time it'd be free 2 day shipping on the T9-T6 skates

I love InlineWarehouse, I am so close to them if I order it one day, 90% of the time I get it next day with standard shipping. Also their 10% discount (shirt) and free shipping usually makes them lower than HockeyMonkey

7 different skate levels? how ridiculous and wasteful. they could reduce costs by focusing on fewer models rather than trying to flood the market (think of what happened to gm)

How do these skates differ from last years model fit wise? Were last year's model based off of the Supreme last?

Also, is there really a huge difference between the T9 and T8? Its tough to justify the extra money for the T9 when all that is different is the "Composite" outsole on the T8 vs. the "Texalium" outsole of the T8 and the Magnesium frame vs. the Aluminum frame. Maybe there's more to it?