Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian Harte

For those that have upgraded bearings

I think my skates (Bauer XXR) come with ABEC 9 bearings or something like that. To me, they feel fine, but I've been wondering if upgraded bearings (like Bones Swiss for example) are really worth it?

Are they much faster? Is it something that you actually feel? Were you disappointed?

Did you feel a "mental gain" simply because you paid a lot of money for them?

I've never upgraded bearings in my skates, so I'd like to know what you guys think.

Thanks

I think my skates (Bauer XXR) come with ABEC 9 bearings or something like that. To me, they feel fine, but I've been wondering if upgraded bearings (like Bones Swiss for example) are really worth it?

Are they much faster? Is it something that you actually feel? Were you disappointed?

Did you feel a "mental gain" simply because you paid a lot of money for them?

I've never upgraded bearings in my skates, so I'd like to know what you guys think.

Thanks

Keep your money

It all depends on how freely your current set spin I guess. I had the mission Swiss on my old set of commander se and they ended up being terrible. Atleast 4 of them got to the point where they wouldn't even spin if you took them out and spun them in hand, and I cleaned them off frequently. I switched to Bones Reds and have never looked back, great set of bearings for the $27 or so that I spent.

Used ABEC 7s for the longest time and then upgraded to Swiss Titanium microbearings when they first came out. Very, very nice, but not a massive difference. Been using ABEC 9s for a long time now and although a tad faster, still nothing monumental.