Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kiddz7

Mission Boss Black Vs Mission Boss (08 Model)

Does anyone know the difference between the 2? i.e. boots material, weight, etc

Thank you

I'm sure there's some more info if you do a little searching, but if memory serves me right, the Boss Blacks are a little lighter due to slightly different boot materials. As far as fit, I don't think there was too much difference, but I could be wrong.

I'm sure there's some more info if you do a little searching, but if memory serves me right, the Boss Blacks are a little lighter due to slightly different boot materials. As far as fit, I don't think there was too much difference, but I could be wrong.

yea i tried a few sites that sells them, they dont seems to have much info about the weight.

i found lots of info for boss black, but not for boss 08

Both catalogues are in the download section if you are just looking for specs. Fit has stayed esentially unchanged since the 08 line but if memory serves there were a couple minor material changes from year to year and of course the babyshit green accents on the Black.

Both catalogues are in the download section if you are just looking for specs. Fit has stayed esentially unchanged since the 08 line but if memory serves there were a couple minor material changes from year to year and of course the babyshit green accents on the Black.

doh why didnt i think of that :P

dont really like the colors on both model, but i think ill choose white and black instead of white and fluro green

I tried on the two models, the boss black despite the stiffness of the boot are more comfortable at the ankle, the 08 drilled holes in my ankles and are not as comfortable as the black. Despite the color I'd buy the boss black. just my 2 cents.

I also had huge problems with the 08 Boss skates. The skates just killed my ankle even after baking twice and punching out the trouble spot a few times. It was only on one spot though and the rest of the skates fit fine. If you can get them to fit right they will probably last you quite some time as they are built like tanks.

I never tried the Boss Blacks but I do know they went back to the indy foam pads around the ankles which was always one of my favorite features of Mission inline skates. They make a huge difference as there is pretty much no break in time required for comfort as far as the ankle bone is concerned.

I also had huge problems with the 08 Boss skates. The skates just killed my ankle even after baking twice and punching out the trouble spot a few times. It was only on one spot though and the rest of the skates fit fine. If you can get them to fit right they will probably last you quite some time as they are built like tanks.

I never tried the Boss Blacks but I do know they went back to the indy foam pads around the ankles which was always one of my favorite features of Mission inline skates. They make a huge difference as there is pretty much no break in time required for comfort as far as the ankle bone is concerned.

I thought the Syndicate line/Boss whatever it was called was supposed to have eliminated the ankle problems from the previous Wiked Line, of which I had the 3s...and the chewed up ankles to this day to prove it. Sorry to hear they never fixed in the Syndicate line, well the first gen. Syndicate. My Commander SEs give me no pain whatsoever. I'm not 100% happy with the fit, but no pain is a good thing.

Glad I heard about the pain in the Boss. I was actually thinking about buying those at one point.

That's why I decided to get the 08's. The funny thing is they actually fit great on my left foot, but my right foot was getting killed.

I will say there is absolutely no problems with the Boss SE's. They fit like a dream.

That's why I decided to get the 08's. The funny thing is they actually fit great on my left foot, but my right foot was getting killed.

I will say there is absolutely no problems with the Boss SE's. They fit like a dream.

same here, my left foot was fine, but the right one .... just a nasty hole in the ankle. did some practices and a couple of games and they had to go. lost some money but got them sold.

same here, my left foot was fine, but the right one .... just a nasty hole in the ankle. did some practices and a couple of games and they had to go. lost some money but got them sold.

mmm ok maybe ill get the boss black then :P

thanks guys~!