Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan_The_Man_16

Skates

Just wondering what skates are made with narrow heels. I was talking to a guy who said he used to be the equipment manager for Portland, and he said I should try and see if I can get a custom "C" width CCM Tack skate. I don't really have time or money to do this, so any reccomendations?

The majority of the new skates can be heat-molded any which way. I took some Vector 6.0's and worked them until my heel fit just right. My last heating was to "pinch" the ankle area in with my hands. It worked great.

I am aware of heat moulding. I had Graf 502's and 625's which were heat mouldable and I was unable to use them, and the same with Bauers. I was looking at Vectors, but apparently they are somewhat wider than the Tack series.

Most D width Skates have an A heel. Going to a C width would make the whole skate more narrow, as well as giving you the AA heel. Since you're only asking about the heel it may not be a good idea anyway. The Vapors and the 703s seem to be more narrow than others to me but it has been a while since I tried them on.

Graf claims that the 735/G35s have a narrow heel. I've never tried them on, it's just what Graf says, so take it for what it's worth.

I truly believe we have the best fitting heel and heel lock of any skate out...Definitely give a look at our skates...No other skate will come close...

I am in old Nikes (Quest 3's) right now, and they fit my heel good. They are realy tight though. I just can't wear Graf, so they are out the window.

Justin, I will take a good look at Missions, I always percieved them as a wider skate.

You will definitely have more range of movement, which at the beginning my be a bit akward...However, after a couple of skates you will love it...

Ask around for others opinions...

Justin

Nike's old Quest line was very narrow in the heel...offered a great snug fit. Not sure about the V series tho, but they don't look significantly wider.

The V series (although I never tried the Quest) is significantly wider. I am in Hi-Ho's and swimming in the heels. For Ice I am in Wide 609's and have always been a Wide guy before then. These Hi-Ho's are unreal though.