Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeHockey97

Most Durable Skate

Which of these skates can survive the toughest beating?

Bauer Vapor XX

CCM Vector Pro

Easton Synergy

Easton Air Comp

Mission S500

Graf Price equivalent (I dont know much for the graf line)

This info will help me decide on which skate will be next for me

Thanks

You really shouldn't base your decision on durability alone. Fit is by far more important, and the skates you listed all fit very differently.

Out of the ones you named, Graf has the rep to be the most durable. The quality of the Graf Canada skates has gone downhill in free fall though.

Nobody knows anything about the Synergies durability so far. They are too young on the market to judge their durability. Maybe the composite construction gives them a long life... maybe the fact that the outer materials are glued to the composite will make the boot break down early. Nobody knows so far.

I would have to agree with dj and say the Easton Air Comp...the Vapors and Vectors are geared toward weight and are not designed to be durable. There is a post of what could happen to S500's. The Grafs are already soft, but like Shark said....Graf Canada is the worst with quality right now. I think the Synergys are too unproven to say one way or another.

Although you haven't mentioned them on your list I'll table CCM Tacks as mine have taken a beating and are still ticking. Mind you, some folks say the front of the ProLite 3 holders can break so maybe that's why you kept them off your list.

Or if you're inclined to, try the Bauer Supreme line. The 8000 and 8090 should be pretty hard ass.

If you're REALLY into durability, find a pair of Supreme 7000s from last year. Bombproof Tanks, but good luck breaking them in.

I would have to agree with dj and say the Easton Air Comp...the Vapors and Vectors are geared toward weight and are not designed to be durable. There is a post of what could happen to S500's. The Grafs are already soft, but like Shark said....Graf Canada is the worst with quality right now. I think the Synergys are too unproven to say one way or another.

the vectors are extreamly durable i have had mine sence june and besides the puck marks they are holding up great i treat my skates like hell too.