Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mug25

Rangers 2010-2011

Well, here it is...I'll make a little rundown of off-season pickups.

Key departures: D Wade Redden, F Olli Jokinen, F Aaron Voros, F Donald Brashear. Technically Redden isn't out of the Rangers organization, but let's face it, he won't be playing in the NHL again, at least not for a long time. Some other departures, Enver Lisin, Jody Shelley, P.A Parenteau, Anders Erikkson, Stephen Valiquette etc.,

Key arrivals: F Alex Frolov, G, Martin Biron, F Derek Boogaard, D Steve Eminger, F Todd White, F Tim Kennedy, F Ruslan Fedotenko, F Mats Zuccarello-Asen (Hobbit)

Prospects to look out for: Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh <--Badgers fans cheer here, Michael Sauer, Evgeny Grachev, Pavel Valentenko

You guys know the roster. You know last season's failures. Discuss.

Congrats to Derek Stepan! Ties an NHL record with a hatrick in his first career record. This kid is going to be a stud.

Careful. Brunnstrom did the same thing... look where he's at.

Careful. Brunnstrom did the same thing... look where he's at.

Stepan has done it at every level. So far, he's showing he can do it here too. Has all preseason as well. Kid was a stud at Wisconsin, in the WJ's, and now is impressing in his time so far as a professional. I love his game and he's a complete player. I could not say enough good things about him.

I'd also say that Anisimov looks like an animal so far, and his skating is so much better it's amazing. If he continues to play this way he should soon be the 1st line center in my opinion.

Great game this afternoon. A couple of things I noticed from an islanders POV:

-MDZ might be one of the worst players in his own zone. Think Mike Green with less D skills and far less Offence.

-Stepan is gonna be a great player.

-Bailey might be the best Islander this year. Kid bulked up big time and its showing.

-I hope DP is the backup and doesn't play over 30 games this year.

-Rangers need to be better in their own zone. Too many turnovers.

Great game this afternoon. A couple of things I noticed from an islanders POV:

-MDZ might be one of the worst players in his own zone. Think Mike Green with less D skills and far less Offence.

-Stepan is gonna be a great player.

-Bailey might be the best Islander this year. Kid bulked up big time and its showing.

-I hope DP is the backup and doesn't play over 30 games this year.

-Rangers need to be better in their own zone. Too many turnovers.

-Anisimov is a beast.

I think he might end up on that top line next game, especially since the word is EC is hurt. I'm in love with his game so far this season, he looks so good.

Uh, doesn't have anything to do with the rangers, but why are the Isles wearing white jerseys at home...?

Because they're new ( or should I say old?) and wanted to show them off to the home crowd.

Because they're new ( or should I say old?) and wanted to show them off to the home crowd.

That means you can basically wear whatever jersey you want if you say so? lol

That means you can basically wear whatever jersey you want if you say so? lol

....Pretty much. Ever hear of the 3rd jersey? So long as ya leave a note for the team your playing, I don't think the NHL is gonna flip out.

Just to clarify, The Islanders will not be doing this all season, probably just the one game.

Yeah I know Dallas and Toronto have white thirds, I just thought that it was odd that you could just switch home/away(which isn't exactly what they did though).

Haven't seen a full game yet, but can anyone find Frolov?? lol

Torterella needs to leave the lines alone for more than one shift. How can you have any chemistry if you only play a shift or two together? The D does look awful as well. Rosival gets a ton of playing time for being so bad.

Haven't seen a full game yet, but can anyone find Frolov?? lol

I drafted Frolov for my fantasy team, figuring he was going to make a statement this year, since he's on a 1 yr contract. I'm starting to think I should dump him. He certainly looks pretty invisible so far...

lol, don't feel sorry for him. He's getting over 6 million dollars a year to play a sport he loves, and right now is probably getting the best thing for him: an easy environment where he can just play the game and learn to have fun again.

Redden is leading the Wolf Pack in scoring. I find it funny how he has the "A"....must be a "ok we feel sorry for you, take this" sort of thing.

Anyway, Rangers looked crappy again last night against the Avs. Horrible special teams.