Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NextBobbyOrr

Best and worst dressing rooms...

Best - Joe Louis Arena. Absolutely incredible. I got sit in Henrik Zetterberg's stall back in 06 when I played there.

Worst - Local rink. I can't even begin to describe how bad it is. Especially the showers. Looks like they have never been cleaned and there is about four shower heads in the a 8 square foot area.

I'll add another one to the 'best' list.

Shattuck-St. Marys in Faribault, MN. Didn't get to see the home dressing room but the visitors dressing room was top notch. Big stalls, carpeting, benches lifted up and had a storage bin for your bag, the showers were big with a bunch of shower heads that all worked and pumped out hot water.

For West End Greater Toronto People

Best

Streetsville Arena - It's newly renovated and dressing rooms are clean and quite nice.

Cassie Campbell (Brampton) - Fairly new facility which is clean and dressing rooms are pretty spacious.

Worst

Iceland (Mississauga) - OMG talk about dirty, musty smell, just a hell hole. Please pay someone to clean the dressing rooms up.

Memorial Arena (Brampton) - Damn right scary!

For West End Greater Toronto People

Best

Streetsville Arena - It's newly renovated and dressing rooms are clean and quite nice.

Cassie Campbell (Brampton) - Fairly new facility which is clean and dressing rooms are pretty spacious.

Worst

Iceland (Mississauga) - OMG talk about dirty, musty smell, just a hell hole. Please pay someone to clean the dressing rooms up.

Memorial Arena (Brampton) - Damn right scary!

Iceland is pretty dirty :P but overall its basic

I haven't been to a lot either but

BEST:

Angus Glen in Markham --> newly constructed rink and community centre, stands have folding plastic seats and even a heat lamp over them :o, locker rooms have beautiful tiled washroom stalls and showers, a stick rack and IKEA-like lighting

WORST:

Cawthra Twin Rinks --> tried to fit a shorthanded high school squad in them, couldn't see the floor under the bags it was that small

BEST:

Angus Glen in Markham --> newly constructed rink and community centre, stands have folding plastic seats and even a heat lamp over them :o, locker rooms have beautiful tiled washroom stalls and showers, a stick rack and IKEA-like lighting

Seconded. Angus Glen is a beautiful facility. The ice is terrific too.

Worst id have to say is ice sports scarborough. Half the showers don't work, the rooms are dirty, and they somehow get away with charging quite a premium for ice, which incidently, is awful, especially rink 4. The business model for arenas should really be quite simple- decent ice, and showers that you should come out cleaner than when you go in. If you're batting 0 for 2 for that, are are still successful, it says something about available ice in the gta.

BEST: Palm Beach Ice Works - West Palm Beach, FL

I only have one pic of the locker room but this place is insanely nice. The locker rooms are pro-level and the facility itself is just top-notch. It's unfortunate they're in a bad location and don't get a lot of business.

5174829735_cb2133fce5_b.jpg

That locker room is used for beer league?

Best - Tie - St Mary's Locker Room #2 - Stalls like the pros, a bit tight though.

Plymouth Cultural Center - The Home Team (can't remember the team name) locker room is huge, one could have a small pickup game inside the room.

Worst - Houghton County Ice Arena- enough room for 6 guys - Teams had to dress in shifts, Ice was some of the best I've ever been on though.

Best- University of Vermont- Huge wooden stalls with lots of storage, big leather couch in center of room with 60 inch flatscreen, very nice bathrooms/showers, and a separate room with personal stalls for workout gear

Worst- Berlin, NH- Low ceilings, damp, dark, small, lights rarely worked, toilets never flushed, no door to bathroom or on stall.

Runner up- New Hampton School- my freshman year was the first year we had a men's JV team, the rink didn't have a spare locker room so we got what was the coaches room, basically a hallway, 15 feet by 7 feet with hooks on the wall down one side, a bench the length of the room under the hooks, and a couch and some folding chairs on the opposite wall. -pretty embarassing when the team we were playing got a nicer room than us at our own rink. We eventually convinced our athletic director to let us convert one of the visitors rooms to our own.

Second runner up- Vermont Academy- they were redoing their locker rooms or overbooked or something but we got stuck in a construction trailer outside the rink- no heat and it was about 5 degrees out. We had to get fully dressed minus skates, walk into the rink, around the ice surface to the bench, then put on skates. same thing in reverse between periods. Actually we had the same thing happen at Proctor Academy in NH, they had too many games booked that day and we had to dress in the locker rooms in their gym and walk to the rink to put skates on. not really bad dressing rooms but bad timing/accomodations

Runner up- New Hampton School- my freshman year was the first year we had a men's JV team, the rink didn't have a spare locker room so we got what was the coaches room, basically a hallway, 15 feet by 7 feet with hooks on the wall down one side, a bench the length of the room under the hooks, and a couch and some folding chairs on the opposite wall. -pretty embarassing when the team we were playing got a nicer room than us at our own rink. We eventually convinced our athletic director to let us convert one of the visitors rooms to our own.

Hahaha, I went to New Hampton last year, and I absolutely agree, we got the the locker room to the right of the coaches room, and while it was better than the locker room with one bench and the first lockerroom on the left, it was still a piece of crap, the whole rink is just a joke in whole, except the ice is pretty good.

Best: Bradley Center- GGot to use the Admirals lockerroom so obviously very large with a big workout room and everything was just super nice

Worst: Edwards Ice Arena, Beliot- Pretty much a shed with tarps covering each end, locker rooms are tiny and just overall bad. I feel extremely lucky compared to some of your stories