Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sharks25

Supreme vs. Vapor skates

Ok, im going to get a new pair of ice skates this week. I have Vapor skates for roller and like the fit. With some skates such as Reeboks my foot gets numb and my arch hurts. Ive never really had this problem with my vapors. I would like slightly more arch support and a better heel lock on my new skates and was wondering if the supreme line would provide this. I am going to try these skates on, but I want to know because the heel lock gets better after baking and I wont be able to feel what they're like after baking without buying them.

Thanks for the replies!

Ok, im going to get a new pair of ice skates this week. I have Vapor skates for roller and like the fit. With some skates such as Reeboks my foot gets numb and my arch hurts. Ive never really had this problem with my vapors. I would like slightly more arch support and a better heel lock on my new skates and was wondering if the supreme line would provide this. I am going to try these skates on, but I want to know because the heel lock gets better after baking and I wont be able to feel what they're like after baking without buying them.

Thanks for the replies!

I find that the main differences between Vapor and Supreme skates are in the fit above the ankles and toebox.

Ankles: Vapor is not 'anatomic-fit', and thus provides more space in this area for free movement. Supreme will fit closely to your ankle. Effect on skating - vapor will give you free movement and flexibility in your ankles for quick turns. but may not be for those with weak ankles as it will feel like the skate is flopping.

Toebox: Again, Supreme is more snug around here while Vapor provides more "wiggle room". Effect on skating - not much, but if you have feet that widen to the toes vapor might be a better fit (as it is for me).

Foot numbness - could come from over-tightening skates that don't fit well.

Arch support - most stock insoles do not provide ANY arch support, use Superfeet or the like. Makes a world of difference.

Bottom line, if you like the snug anatomic fit and a stiff skate upper, go for Supreme. If you like a more relaxed 'open' fit, with a slightly more cushioned boot, Vapors are your choice.

Hope this helps, and someone please correct me if i'm wrong!

Toebox: Again, Supreme is more snug around here while Vapor provides more "wiggle room". Effect on skating - not much, but if you have feet that widen to the toes vapor might be a better fit (as it is for me).

I found the X60 tighter than the One95 in the area between the toes and the arch, and (I think) also in the heel. I bought the One95 because it fit my wide foot better. I tried both skates in D and E, and ended up with the One95 in D. The X60 was too wide in E, and uncomfortably tight in D.

I agree that Superfeet or something similar is the way to deal with arch support, and it may fit your heel better. The yellow is for low-medium arches, according to their web site (take a look, good info there). I'm going to try them myself.

If you like the Vapor fit, why not stick with it, rather than going with the different fit of the Supreme?

Thanks for the replies!

I have both supremes and vapors i like the supremes however i wear a 9D vapor and 8D sup. So just keep in mind the fit may change your size so do not order them without trying them on or you will have to resend them over and over until you get the right size.

the supremes are wider at the forefoot from my fitting experience. this was the most significant difference that affected me.

The Vapors are narrower in the forefoot in my experience.

If you find the Vapors a good fit for you, you might find the supreme line to be to wide.

Looks like it's my bad about the supreme toebox. I agree, get to a LHS and try on all brands until you find a boot that fits. Then, slap some tuuks on those!

Vapors - Narrower at the toe, wider at the heel and ankle area.

Supremes - Wider at the toe, snugger at the ankle heel area. For a wider foot.

Vapors - Narrower at the toe, wider at the heel and ankle area.

Supremes - Wider at the toe, snugger at the ankle heel area. For a wider foot.

but what if i wanted the Vapors wiggle room in the ankle area but wanted the wider at the toe part as well?