Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monoclub

CCM PF Series

Theres been plenty of talk in here about Missions line for 05, but not much on CCM, who have over the last couple of years kicked Mission *&^% pretty badly by bringing a pretty good product to market with the Externo line.

I see a few of the online sites have the new product "Vector" ready to ship, anybody out there in shops or players can give us the scoop?

Thanks

CCM....kicked mission's ass in the roller hockey market...Now I dont know the exact figures, hell I wont even guess.....but....AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA.

Don't want to get off topic here - which is does anyone have feedback on the new CCM line?

Each will have their personal opinion on which is better, but no one can deny that CCM increased revenues/market share through their foray into the inline market these last ouple of years and I believe it was at the expense of Mission. Their products delivered good quality/features at a competitive price and the brand did well because of it. Bauer/Nike would do well to learn the lesson.

I wear Nike Roller Daddys and love they way I can skate faster in them. Proper fit and now proper wheel set up have enabled me to kick it out in these "Golden slippers"

Haven't really tried CCM to be honest, got a chance to try on the Nike's and simply loved them from day one. So to get to the point I don't see what learning BNH have to do with their products? I have no complaints so far and I've had my skates since late May, use them 2-3 times a week, total of 4-5 hours a week.

Thus making me one happy pappy! B)

Boy, someone is obviously a talking head for CCM.

CCM has put out....what? 2 lines of roller stuff since about 2000

The Externo and now the Vectors

Every shop around me had the externos on clearance almost as quick as they came into the store, and I'm in a roller-heavy area where you can get any skate. I'd honestly say I've played against maybe 2 "elite" level players in ccm skates. They just aren't worn, especially not around here. I tried on a pair of outcasts and hated them, they just felt "wrong".

If I am correct, the CCM Externo Series was a bust. I remember the top of the line Externo's were rather heavy and incredibly stiff. There is no way CCM is compared to Mission in performance, to me the only company that performs with Mission is Tour. Bauer/Nike had a decent line this year, but for some reason, no one bought the 20-90's, but they were a very comfortable skate.

i've got a pair of outcasts and think they're great. pretty comfortable and durable. peform fantastic. no regrets about getting them. of course, if i could get a mission skate that fits me, i would have been skating in those a long time ago.

The only exposure I had to the Externos was from a defenceman with the NJ Bullets MLRH franchise, who bought them, wore them for half a practice, and went back to his old skates complaining they were too stiff....maybe with time he got used to them...but he couldn't jump right into them for game use and I never saw him in them for the balance of the season. But like everything else...one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

There certainly was never much buzz about the CCM skates at the elite levels I have been exposed to, either positive or negative.

CCM....kicked mission's ass in the roller hockey market...Now I dont know the exact figures, hell I wont even guess.....but....AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA.

I'd be interested in seeing those figures. Where I play, 95% of the skates are Mission, 3% Bauer, and the rest mostly Tours. Matter of fact, I can't recall ever seeing a CCM skate where I play.

Now understand, I'm not trying to start a arguement over which is better, just curious about the statistics. If someone can point them to us, please share.

I'd be interested in seeing those figures. Where I play, 95% of the skates are Mission, 3% Bauer, and the rest mostly Tours. Matter of fact, I can't recall ever seeing a CCM skate where I play.

Now understand, I'm not trying to start a arguement over which is better, just curious about the statistics. If someone can point them to us, please share.

Agreed. I can only recall ONE single pair of CCM skates. Those were Tacks made into inliners.

The externo boots aren't bad, but to suggest that they wipe the floor with mission is silly. I have seen maybe two people wearing externo inline skates, a hand full of people with tacks converted, and my own vector pros on a sensor :). I like the Vector pro and have externos for ice. They were both stiff, but after being baked and skated in a few times, they loosened up nicely.

a friend and ref at the rink i work at just bought a pair of vector pf8 he said they felt great ,he had them baked and were fine .i thought the rink rat hornets were a plus.

I have seen maybe 3-9 pairs tops of Externo's in Aus. Most players are skating on Nike or Mission. My Junior team that I coach wear about 90% Nike. Nike/Bauer is flogged allot in Melbourne.

I think Tour was making good headway back with the 960 series boots, but the G series hurt them..I think the new boots will help get them back some market share...I think a focus on durability as well as comfort of their new boots was a significant issue for them, but the proof will take time to disseminate.

Their biggest immediate asset seems to me to be their choice of Labeda's new Hum'er chassis..there are measurable gains with this chassis which are probably more significant than any from reduced weight.

That doesn't really explain much...

Theres been plenty of talk in here about Missions line for 05, but not much on CCM, who have over the last couple of years kicked Mission *&^% pretty badly by bringing a pretty good product to market with the Externo line.

I see a few of the online sites have the new product "Vector" ready to ship, anybody out there in shops or players can give us the scoop?

Thanks

To "monoclub":

If you are trying to make a fresh start with this company and generate some positive product feedback....."credibility" will be your first hurdle....CCM's history in ice equipment does not seem to bridge much into the inline market.

While not all this board's readers are equipment freaks, this board probably has more knowledgable equipment people reading it that any other hockey board out there for either side of the discipline. Making sweeping statements concerning the quality or popularity of any brand will find pretty harsh scrutiny. You might try a more overt and open tack and find many willing to give you genuine feedback instead of responding with scorn...most are actually pretty open minded if the new products are dealt with objectively.

I am not trying to make a fresh start or be a spokesman for CCM or anything else people are suggesting. I am small retailer and am interested in new product and how it is being accepted into the market with an eye to sales for the new year and gear for my players!

CCM have been pretty sucessful in my market the last few years. Like many in here I too have contacts in the market and have been told that CCM have done well with the last line - though not from THC but their competitiors. Anyway just as the statements we've read in here it don't mean a lot as its only someones personal experience which until suppliers are releasing real figures no one in here really knows how any manufacturer is doing. BUT - their investment in the market in bringing fresh product that is also competitive with the best of whats out there is an indication of how they are doing. I think the product they brought to market was pretty good and wonder if the PF series will continue. I haven't gotten my hands on any yet except the PF2 and its a piece of garbage, the outsole flexed when I pressed my thumb into it! much like Tours skate with the fake patterned plastic outsole that was trying to look like it was carbon...

For what its worth I think the best skates made were the Vsi's from Mission in 2000 - but with a frame that doesn't strip the hardware when you tighten it. Some have suggested Mission have deliberately stopped making such durable skates so they can sell more! Any comments from the faithful on this?

Some have suggested Mission have deliberately stopped making such durable skates so they can sell more! Any comments from the faithful on this?

Thats ridiculus. Why would they even consider doing that. If i bought a pair of skates and they only lasted six months, i wouldnt even consider that brand again. Plus from what Justin says and other members of the board mission is more than willing to help you if you if you have quality issues with there products.