Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Decision time....

So I'm all set to get my new skates tomorrow. I have tried on the 950's and I love them, but looking at the 750's (which I have picked up but not tried on), I have to wonder if it's worth the extra $100 to get the 950's.

The 950's do feel lighter than the 750's (1150 grams compared to 1325 grams). So, that's a difference of 175 grams (0.385 pounds). 0.385 pounds isn't much. The skates I have been skating on for 10 years now (Bauer Supreme 4000 with Sure-Grip H-400 chassis) are heavy as hell, so anything new I wear at this point will feel very light.

I do like the white boot, but I'm not sure if that and the 175 gram difference will sway me. Is it really that much of a difference where I will feel it out there?

The way I think of it, if I get the 750's I can also get the 750 gloves with the extra $100 I would have spent on the 950's.

Give me your feedback!

Are Missions the only skates you are considering?...You will be going from an all 76 mm or 72 mm chassis on the old H 400s to a "HiLo" with 80 /72's or 76/68's. The Labeda Hum'er chassis might feel more similar with all 80 mm wheels..as found on the Tour series of skates.

and what do you think those switching over to the Hum'er were using previously?..It's all in what feels right and what works..go with your instincts.

Isn't the boot exactly the same? The stiffness feels the same.

I didn't spend too much time at the Mission booth while @ NARCh...something about having to actually do work while there...but if the past holds true..the D1 will have some materials they believe are a bit more durable and somewhat lighter..plus Mission has gone away from defining booths by stiffness the past 2 years...

this is a time to try on a bunch of stuff...CCM's Tri Di, Labeda's Hum'er, BNH's alternative..

and what do you think those switching over to the Hum'er were using previously?..It's all in what feels right and what works..go with your instincts.

What sucks is I can only try them on....I wish I could skate on them a bit before I buy.

I am going to try the Beemer, Bluemax, 750 and 950 on. I'll let you know what I decide on.

I'm back..

I got the 950's. The 750's didn't feel stiff enough, and the Tours were just flat out uncomfortable. I have wide, flat feet and the instep on the boot was killing me.

I'm playing on them tonight. I'll give my thoughts later tomorrow.