Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

echi24

wood tapered blade

im looking to get a wood tapered blade for my novius shaft

the options i know of are:

easton synthesis hybrid - strong blade but looses stiffness QUICK

r2 wood - never tried

bauer 6050(i think) - ive seen alot of the standard models break quick

any feedback is welcome, thanks alot

if youre really tied to retail those are your options and id prolly say go bauer, but the way to go with wood tapered blades is custom because the ones that are retail have bad curve selection and not so great feel...and alot of them are hybrids which IMO are hardly a wood blade, especially in the feel. get custom if you can either by tps, christian, or bauer. sherwood will likely do it just as easily, and i bet easton will but i have no experience with them and custom blade ordering, altho their blades are great.

thanks i think ill go with the nash r2, its closest to the sakic, i was hesitant about the r2 at first cause it looks poorly made, the synth hybrid however becomes so flexible you loose all power on your shot, but it wont break =\

if youre really tied to retail those are your options and id prolly say go bauer, but the way to go with wood tapered blades is custom because the ones that are retail have bad curve selection and not so great feel...and alot of them are hybrids which IMO are hardly a wood blade, especially in the feel. get custom if you can either by tps, christian, or bauer. sherwood will likely do it just as easily, and i bet easton will but i have no experience with them and custom blade ordering, altho their blades are great.

Just for the record...

Sher-Wood does not make tapered blades; standard or custom order.

thanks i think ill go with the nash r2, its closest to the sakic, i was hesitant about the r2 at first cause it looks poorly made, the synth hybrid however becomes so flexible you loose all power on your shot, but it wont break =\

What don't you like about the way the R2 look? I think they're put together quite well.

What don't you like about the way the R2 look? I think they're put together quite well.

I've seen the threading come loose on two of my friends after the first and second time of use.

(mm705 @ Nov 6 2004, 11:15 AM)

Just for the record...

Sher-Wood does not make tapered blades; standard or custom order.

sorry about that i dont have any experience ordering from sherwood but i knew they made just about everything else custom so i figured why not these? but yeah my mistake just didnt wanna leave anyone out haha.

The Mission Ether Wood is a great blade if you can find one in a curve you like. Most places have them on closeout to so you can get one for 10 bucks.

chadd, its just the way the threading looks, its kind of uneven and looks sloppily made, but if it preforms well, thats fine, for about 20-30 dollars im not looking for a blade that lasts forever