Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hampshirepuck

RapidShot Sightings

Probably one of the sweetest hockey contraptions in the last few years or so, the RapidShot is considered the batting cage for hockey players

here is the description from RapidShot's website

"The RapidShot Hockey Training System is a patented system that will improve your hockey shooting, whether you are a beginner or professional player, and no matter how old you are. RapidShot Hockey Training System uses REAL pucks, requiring the shooter to receive passes and shoot over a series of 16 shots. It is NOT a simulator, but rather real training, with real pucks.

-the ultimate way to improve your shooting technique and get more goals

-measures reaction time, puck speed and accuracy, as you fire one puck after another - up to 800 per hour

-fun and competitive, where you can try to beat your best performance, challenge your friend to a duel, or compete with participants from around the world

-View World Rankings.

-better than video games!"

so post your sightings so others can enjoy!

I'll Start it up by adding:

Pro Hockey Life

Dartmouth N.S. Canada

http://www.entrepotduhockey.com/

Game Breakers

Dartmouth, N.S. Canada

http://www.gamebreakerhockey.com/

In the Vancouver area, there is one in GM place. Yes, I realize it's Rogers arena, still can't get over that. And I think there's one in a training center in Coquitlam or something.

yeah i think that is just a pitch tape,

i think most places just charge per usage

the one at pro hockey life is free so you can test sticks

the one at game breakers is 20 bucks for 15 min or 144 pucks

They interviewed Kesler after the Canucks/Bruins game on Saturday on the NHL channel and he was talking about getting a rapid shot at his house. Pretty cool I guess

I think all Pro Hockey Life stores have them.

I know Hockey Experts in Mississauga has one, don't think the Scarborough has one...they're inconsistent and not a chain-wide (or group-wide given Forzani's ownership) addition.

edit : These in-store systems are obviously free to try, presuming you're there to test out sticks for purchase, it'd be cool for there to be public ones. I can see Canlan running this type of thing with a pay-as-you-go or pass system. But you won't see this in public (city-owned) rinks anytime soon.

I think all Pro Hockey Life stores have them.

I know Hockey Experts in Mississauga has one, don't think the Scarborough has one...they're inconsistent and not a chain-wide (or group-wide given Forzani's ownership) addition.

edit : These in-store systems are obviously free to try, presuming you're there to test out sticks for purchase, it'd be cool for there to be public ones. I can see Canlan running this type of thing with a pay-as-you-go or pass system. But you won't see this in public (city-owned) rinks anytime soon.

If the rink rents the space you could see it. Just like a vending machine.

Our city is definitely budget conscious, that's why I'm saying it's unlikely to see them in city rinks. I'm curious as to how much these systems cost. If they were around the same as a vending machine, then we'd be seeing them around more. I'm not sure, but I think these city rinks rely a bit on advertising, a bit on program revenues and a lot on city funding, and I can't see them spending that money on what's essentially a toy when there could be 100 other things they should be doing. The public wouldn't be very happy.

Our city is definitely budget conscious, that's why I'm saying it's unlikely to see them in city rinks. I'm curious as to how much these systems cost. If they were around the same as a vending machine, then we'd be seeing them around more. I'm not sure, but I think these city rinks rely a bit on advertising, a bit on program revenues and a lot on city funding, and I can't see them spending that money on what's essentially a toy when there could be 100 other things they should be doing. The public wouldn't be very happy.

That's right, if a rink is looking for revenue, they rent the space to the rapidshot vendor. The rapidshot vendor/owner takes the risk of making or losing money and provides the capital to acquire the rapidshot, the rink pockets the rent no matter what.

Probably one of the sweetest hockey contraptions in the last few years or so, the RapidShot is considered the batting cage for hockey players

Sorta like a cross between a batting cage & Golden Tee for hockey. Pretty cool. I'd like to try one.

yeah its seems pretty hi-tech I just liked that it gave me a crisp and accurate pass every time