Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MRGJNV

Skate sizing - Foot dimensions

Been reading tons on here about skate sizing. Been seeing a few pairs of Bauer one100's and one95's for sale used in a 3 hr radius of me here in Ontario Canada. I understand that you should try many pairs on to see what fits you and all that. I currently have an older pair of Bauer Supreme 2000's in 7.5 but not sure of the width. I measured the width of my foot and it is 4 3/8". Can this be converted to the width in letter form? (ie: D, E, EE etc) It would be nice to know if they will fit before I drive all that way. None of the skate shops near me have these skates in stock for me to try on and verify size and I know what the skate shop guy's would think about me doing this. LOL!

Thanks for the info.

I am no skate fitter so I am just making a guess, that you might be a wide E or EE whatever the current letter is for bauer wides. This chart is for shoes but 4 3/8" seems pretty wide for a 7.5 skate.

http://shoes.about.com/od/mens_size_charts/a/men_width.htm

I just did a quick measure of my foot an I got 4" and I wear a 8.5 D in a bauer 8090 witch from what I understand was made on a wider last than other Supremes. I have a 9D in Bauer 6000 and they do feel slightly more narrow.

You may be able to figure out if your current skate is a wide by the size of the Tuuks on them, but you'd have to search that.

So is the size tag worn off your current pair? I am not sure but it might be lower on the side of the tongue or stamped on the liner of the boot.

Good luck.

(I am just saying things that I have picked up here over the years and I may not be right!)

My forefoot is 4 1/8" wide and I wear a Bauer Flexlite size 7D. Flexlites are known to be wider than other models to begin with, so my guess is you would be wider than D if that helps.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it. I measured my feet across the balls of my feet while I was standing with a vernier. LOL! My current supreme 2000's have the size stamped in the leather high on the tenon guard. It's somewhat worn off but I can sorta make out an E but it is shaped like the number eight was cut in half vertically if you know what I mean. The Tuuk has 272R and 272R stamped on them. It's the ball of my pinky toe on my left foot is what's bothering me the most. Always did hurt my feet but thought maybe once broken in would fit better. Skates are about 15 yrs old but only have about 25 games on them. Now I have a couple of boys (4&6) that are skating now and buddies want me to come out for pickup again so I'd better get some skates that fit better and that don't kill my feet. Maybe I need a EE width skate?

Well, just a quick update. Went to Sportchek and tried on a 7.5D one100 and they fit like my old 2000's. They didn't have any EE's. I stopped by to check on sizing before I made a 2 hr trip to check on some one100's in 7.5EE. The 7.5EE fit like a dream so now that's what I brought home. $380 CDN and they have literally only been used a few times. Can't believe I skated all those years with the wrong size.

How did you measure the 4 3/8" width. Was this the widest across your forefoot with a slight diagonal line?

Well, just a quick update. Went to Sportchek and tried on a 7.5D one100 and they fit like my old 2000's. They didn't have any EE's. I stopped by to check on sizing before I made a 2 hr trip to check on some one100's in 7.5EE. The 7.5EE fit like a dream so now that's what I brought home. $380 CDN and they have literally only been used a few times. Can't believe I skated all those years with the wrong size.