Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nazzy19

short vs. long blade?

apparently a shorter blade gives you a lower kickpoint, especially on a tapered shaft. besides that i find that a shorter blade improves the balance of the stick just because its lighter. personally i think a longer blade has better feel if its wood, but too long just makes the stick blade heavy. i find the length that ccm and koho make their standard retail blades to be just about perfect. i think bauer makes theirs about the same length.

oo i did not know about that lower kickpoint effect....wouldnt a longer blade also increase the speed of a wristshot and its accuracy?

Some people prefer one length or the other for stickhandling or their shooting motion. There is no way a shorter blade can lower the lickpoint of a shaft, that makes no sense.

i think he was talking about a short or long hoselled blade, rather than the actual length of the blade

haha ya that too. my blades are short hosel from christian and i hafta use one of those ridiculously long end plugs...makes the stick wicked balanced tho.

why would you put a tapered blade into a standard shaft....its not designed for that kind of use, and doesnt sound like a great idea, plus youd have to pu talot of glue and tap eof the tenon of the blade to keep it from wobbling in the shaft

its not tapered...christian makes short standard blades too

The wood blades are the same, just a thinner hosel. How do they hold up for you? I wasn't too impressed when I saw them and I was curious to see how they hold up.

i dont break much as far as sticks go and even blades, after a while most just go dead from use. however these have a longer life than just about all the wood blades ive used in the past, and their stiffness, at least at the beginning, feels more like a compostie blade than a wood. this feel isnt exactly what i want i think it comes from all the fiberglass they use, so i prefer something like a pro custom easton, but these are extremely light and solid as a rock.

Shorter blade vs. longer blade would just be personal preference. Some guys like short blades for face-offs, others like long, wide blades for defensive use, intercepting passes, etc. To get certain curve patterns you need more material to work with as well. Some do it for the look. Size is regulated howerver.

Maybe some like having a canoe paddle on the end of their shaft (like Rocky Thompson of the Edmonton Roadrunners - he's got a huge blade on his stick).