Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Mission Helium H750 Gloves

hel5.jpg

Fit- This is a custom glove, so I went ahead and lowered the cuffs about 1/2". When I got them, it seemed like it was still too much, but since it has a flared cuff, it gets out of the way. The glove fits closer on the hand than the M-1 however. The 3-pc fingers are wonderful. The only problem I had was that the gussets felt like they were too tight - not enough slack in the finger area. When I closed my hand, I can see my finger tips pulling back on them. I tried on my rep's samples and they felt better. 9/10

Protection- The glove comes with dual and single density foam and plastic inserts throughout the glove. I've taken a couple of whacks to the hand and haven't felt anything. 9.5/10

Weight- The weight is comparable to a nylon glove - VERY light. I could only imagine what a nylon version would weigh at! 9.5/10

Durability- No rips, no tears, just a slash mark. The palms are holding up - I have a scuff in the top hand where I hold my stick, but it seems to be pretty sturdy. 9.5/10

Intangibles- The microfiber material is really sharp - as well as the embroidery and logo. Truly one of a kind. The digital and goatskin tack palm also are nice touches. I sprinkle a little water on the palm and work it in before I play and I can feel the tackiness. The ventilation in the glove is also top-notch. 10/10

Conclusion- Another fine product from Mission. A very nice looking and feeling glove. 9.5/10

I am reviewing my regular retail HE750s and not my custom-size MSH group order gloves. I have two pair of HE 750s.

Fit- Mission fingers tend to be a little shorter than I like so I ended up going for the 15" model, trying to get the best fit possible. Once they were broken in they fit very well and are quite comfortable. They are a bit loose around the back of the hand and even a bit loose around the fingers as well. They're very different from what I've used in the past. 7.5-10

Protection- No problems at all, despite a number of hacks, whacks and even a skate cut on the finger from a scrum. Very protective and that's a little surprising considering the light weight of the glove. 8-10

Weight- Very light, though a bit heavier once you sweat in them a little. Even the 15" model I have are lighter than a lot of 14" retail model gloves. They may be the lightest retail glove, if not they are very close. 9-10

Durability- I've used these off and on since December either for games or for dead ice time and they are holding up incredibly well. The inner palm is starting to get a little crusty but that usually happens in a couple months, not 8 or 9. There is noticeable wear in the palm on my top hand but still no break in the palm grip patch. 9-10

Intangibles- They just work. I never have to think about them once I put them on and isn't that what you really want from a glove? 8-10

Conclusion- Great glove, a couple of minor issues that are more personal preference or hand-shape related.