Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

skate issues with my one95s

Hey everyone so lately my one95s have started to dig at my legs just above the ankles, my old 9k 1st gen whites did that and i sold them right away. I assume the totalones have that padded collar to rid of this issue but i've had my one95s for a year and a bit now (avg 3-5 hours of ice a week) and it's only just started to dig at my ankles now. Any ideas to solve this issue or are my skates just breaking down the ankle padding?

Ur feet most likely barely grew. I would recommend first trying a different lacing pattern to try to cut down on pressure from the tongue, if that doesn't work then try baking them again. If neither if those work sell them and get new wheels

I've had the same issue, and posted about it:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53175-one90one95-skate-owners-pain-at-the-top-of-the-boot-on-the-side-from-the-boot/

I went to a guy who put a piece of foam on the top of my skate to mimic the totalone's comfort edge, did nothing for me...

I found that if I undid the top eyelid, it helped, still hurt, but I love the feel of the skate and refused to get rid of them...I just kept playing on it, and recently it's gone away...the only time I'll notice it is if I play a LOT of hockey ... like 8-9 times in 14 days or something...other then that, it's manageable...I guess the boot got a bit softer with time, that's my only explanation

either way, good luck

I'd wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to comment on this, but personally I've had some success making small adjustments to skate fit in specific areas using a heat gun and then just applying pressure with my fingers. No idea how moldable that area of the skate is, but maybe you could heat it up and roll the edges out slightly, so theres nothing there to dig in? It's probably just a matter of getting the spot where the rubbing is happening to bend outwards by a few mms.

I've had the same issue, and posted about it:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53175-one90one95-skate-owners-pain-at-the-top-of-the-boot-on-the-side-from-the-boot/

I went to a guy who put a piece of foam on the top of my skate to mimic the totalone's comfort edge, did nothing for me...

I found that if I undid the top eyelid, it helped, still hurt, but I love the feel of the skate and refused to get rid of them...I just kept playing on it, and recently it's gone away...the only time I'll notice it is if I play a LOT of hockey ... like 8-9 times in 14 days or something...other then that, it's manageable...I guess the boot got a bit softer with time, that's my only explanation

either way, good luck

same here.

my One95 when new dug right into the same spot. I had scabs and soreness after games.

After awhile I guess my skates opened up and no more cuts.

Try not tying the last 2 eyelets so tight and maybe prying the ankle area abit.

Have the same issue with rbk 8ks, socks, different lacing and tightness didnt resolve it for me with my left outside edge which is causing major cut like pain. it doesnt help that im prone to pronating and the rbk are a soft boot so the top of the boot is touching even more . I would like to hear some other ideas too

your thread made me rethink how much i was suffering and creating future problem, and how much my game was affected by it. so i went to the local pharmacy and spoke with some people this is what they recommended, a wrist strap for mainly tennis but fits any sport as long as theres pain involded and relief is needed. is fits perfectly on my ankle and does the job just fine. put it under my socks and its as if its not there, the only thing missing was the pain. give it a try before spending 1000$ on totalone or apx

img0462zc.jpg

img0463p.jpg