Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speed Demon

T'Blade Problem and Holder Situation

I am skating in G35s and T'Blades are installed. I am 140 lbs, and an aggressive skater skating 4-6 times a week. I started out with M-13 runners and I found that they were not sharp enough. I then moved to M-11 runners and I liked the sharpness. These M-11 Runners were installed a week ago and as of today, they are already dull. My situation is obviously bad; my T-blades are not keeping their sharpness and I can't afford to pay $20.00 a week for new runners.

Is this perhaps just a bad pair of T-Blade runners that lost their edge a little too quick? There wasn't anything bad that happened to them, like no stepping on cement and no chips out of them or anything.

Or,

Is my massive hockey schedule and playing style too much for the durability of t-blades? If so, I am going to take the Light Speeds off of my Vapor 6s and this brings me to my next question. My T blades take M-11-264 Runners and on my Light Speed Holders It says 263 L(eft) and 263 R(ight). Logically, my Light Speed holders off my

size 7D Vapor 6s should should fit on the Size 7R G35s, right? Also, will new holes have to be drilled in my Graf Boot?

263 and 264 are essentially the same, they should fit with no problems. You will have to have new holes drilled though, to the best of my knowledge they won't match up.

If you have a shop that does a decent job sharpening skates, toss the T'Blades.

well, because people say that the sweetstick works well to get ur skates sharper, but it rolls the edge you could try that considering you'll be throwing them away after 10 more ice times anyway.

toss the T'Blades.

You are saying that these things are not durable enough for me, right?

If it isn't working for you, find something that will. I'm not sold on the product but I can see where it makes sense for people that don't have access to reliable sharpenings. Try another set of steel and if the poor results continue, go to something that will work better.

hey...how much hours do you do per week??i know you said 4-6 but it could be 1 hours or 2 hours per time...

well on t'blades they said it can hold up 5 time longer then normal blade....in my case is more like 3-4 time....1 sharpening hold about 5 hours(and cost me 3,50CND) so my t'blades hold about 15 to 20 hours...so it cost me 14 buck in regular sharpening and t balde cost me 22 so it 8$ more....well yea it cost me more but i accept paying that prize to have a nice pair of holder(THAT FOR THE PRICE OPINIONS)

as for the durability...i'm 185 pound and always thougt the heaviest you are the less durable they are...i got a friend of mine(well a teamate) and he change t'blades about 1 time per 2 month!!!so that like 50 hours of hockey....

but i'm okay with you...my m-11 getting dull pretty fast...that a bad thing but i like t'blades soo much...that i keep them....by the way you could still can try the m-9...they will last a tad longer i'm sure

here my ADVICE: I use 2 pair of blades...1 for game and 1 for pratic...i use my bad blade for pratic...and i don't really care if my skate are 100% sharp because it only a pratic...so that way i use 1 blade for like 6-10 game and after use it for like 3-4 week of pratice

From my experiences a good sharpening with a good holder is a better investment than T'blades. Now I didn't feel this way until I started sharpening on my own, and thats because the sharpenings around me are suspect. If you can get a good sharpening around you I'd switch regardless of the durability.

To your direct question, it could be a bad batch of runners, you couldn't smashed a door which took an edge off. A stone could've been in y our bag, alot of things can happen. I'd try a new pair of runners and see how that goes first, if it happens with the next one, I'd switch'em off. I was getting ALOT of icetimes out of my T'blades, but I was used to the dullness of the blades and didn't need them to be overly sharp.

This could also be mental, your used to having them sharpened (say weekly), and now your still thinking that they are dull, when maybe the aren't that bad. Regardless, I'd try another pair, then make a verdict.

Oh well, I am going to get rid of the T'Blades and put on Light Speeds tomorrow.

cobrAA, you say that it is only practice but "you get out of it, what you put into it". Basically, I don't want to be skating on crappy dull blades and not reaching my peak performance during practice where it will then reflect in my game ;)

cobrAA, you say that it is only practice but "you get out of it, what you put into it". Basically, I don't want to be skating on crappy dull blades and not reaching my peak performance during practice where it will then reflect in my game

I think you do made a good choice by putting some lightspeeds and not keeping your old t'blade for practice.

If you keep your old t'blade for practice, you will not as improve as if you play with sharp one.

Good choice man.