Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aussie Joe

Koho Kombo 2290 Blade

Hey guys I just purchased a Koho 2290 blade and it consists of a graphite core with a lamination of wood and then another lamination of Fibreglass ontop. After one use in Inline the laminations are beginging to seperate from each other. Have I used the wrong head in the wrong sport (Ice head in inline) or is this simply a faulty head fullstop?

Mods feel free to transfer the post to which ever section you feel relevant.

cheers, thanks guys.

I would've just gotten an ABS for roller. It's basically the wood that's splitting since I don't think the graphite or fibreglass would do that. Save the blade while you can and use it for ice later on. I've tried using wood for roller before and it's just brutal.

Its not the wood thats splitting.....there is no frictional wear on the bottom as I've only used it once. The laminations are coming away clean, with not structural damage apart from the seperation itself. Like peeling two pages of a book apart.

heres a link to the particular head....http://247hockey.com/pd_koho_2290.cfm?RID=9&TID=1

RB2290.jpg

This is the second Kombo 2290 blade I have had that has done the same thing. At first I thought it was because the first blade I used on a medium smooth concrete surface. I assumed because I was using it on a non rink floor that I had damaged it that way. But this current head has de-lamintaed after one use on a painted concrete indoor rink. One dud is fine, but two in a row? With the shop owner refusing to sell them now after my experience and another guys with them.

I think I will just send it back to Koho and ask for a C21 replacement rather than another Kombo. I've had at least a dozen of those with no problems whatsoever.

I had one 2 years ago. Very nice blade, stiff and durable. Maybe you just got a dud.

I second, I even custom Brett Hulled mine and it's still fine. I've had it for two years, although I don't use it any more.