Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EricG.

good days...

I've had a really crappy past week but I guess today made it worth the wait. First piece of good news, my grandpa was supposed to have surgery today to get cancer removed from his gallbladder. It turned out that he didn't infact have the cancer, but had stones and an infection. Next I got home and found that I won Anson Carter's gloves from the raffle. Then, I just got home from my friends house and found an envelope with my name on it. My father said that it was from the team, and it was a $25 dollar gift certificate to National Sports. I opened it and there were $325 dollars in gift certificates to National Sports. I'm in a pretty good mood now, no point in going to bed :rolleyes:

Anyone else have a good day?

That's probably a better day then any day I've ever had. I've never won any draw/raffle or anything in my entire life...it sucks. I hate luck.

I have been having a horrible week. First, my school extends our school days and school year because they miscalculated the hours of instruction and got into trouble withthe ministry. Then, tonight my school team played our alumni team, and got creamed 10-3. It was so sad; the youngest was 43 and the oldest in their late 60s.

I found out today I'm going to be interviewed for a job at the Quad City Times as a news correspondent. That definitely made my week.

Guest 2048
I found out today I'm going to be interviewed for a job at the Quad City Times as a news correspondent. That definitely made my week.

Goin to Medill at NW?

The people from NW were just in town doing a group discussion on generation Y's media use habits. The editor from the Times was there and I just got to talking with him and he took my name and said he'd contact me. Cool shit if you ask me.

Guest 2048

There's a minor league hockey team there if you're interested in sports writing, the Quad City Mallards.

Heh so your familiar with the Quad Cities than. Yeah I go to Mallards games quite often and if I do get a job for the Times it will probably be doing sports games. It may not be but he said it is possible I could get a job at the sports desk. Where are you from by the way?

My season was officially ended today, we lost our last game tonight, I ended up getting into a fight with the misses, I skipped school and missed a quiz that I can't make up. However i did "officially get promoted" at Micks today, and I saw a few buddies of mine I haven't seen in a year or so, I'd say an average day.

Guest 2048
Heh so your familiar with the Quad Cities than. Yeah I go to Mallards games quite often and if I do get a job for the Times it will probably be doing sports games. It may not be but he said it is possible I could get a job at the sports desk. Where are you from by the way?

I'm from New York.

I'm interested in knowing how you know about the Mallards. Did you just look it up online? Heh although I suppose that someone not from the midwest would know about the best UHL team ever and the only pro team to get 50 wins in 5 season :D

Well im on spring break, and my favorite cousin is in for the whole week, so im pretty exited about that. I spent 16 hours moving with my other cousin who lives here and he gave me a ps2 steering wheel and a lamp, which I was happy about. So this week has been all good, but TODAY! First my mom woke me up at 9, on spring break, to tell me the tv we bought will be here in 20 mins. So I get ready faster than any other time in my life because were going from a 1980 RCA 27 inch crap box to a SONY 53 inch HD bigscreen. So at 1:30, a long time from the 20 mins they were supposed to get here, the movers arived. My eyes were gleaming with exitement as they brought that thing out of the truck. So they get it into the house and move it though the main floor, which they KNOCKED OVER MY $500 22 inch FLAT SCREEN computer moniter and smashed it. Then one of the crushed my mouse, which wasnt new but still it was nice and good. So after they help me pick up the shards from my moniter and mouse and bring in my old moniter and I found another mouse, they say it's my fault for not watching and they arent responsable for the damages, so I have to buy those 2 things new again. THEN the move to the stairs to take the tv into our rec room downstairs. They try and get the tv down for 20 mins and then they say it cant fit. They took off the door put the nice tv back in the truck and drove off, leaving me to put this massive door back on. Once I get downstairs I found out I had to put in a new power supply for MY computer. Lucky I had another one but I would have rather not done that. Then we went to best buy to find a new tv and get it cheap becasue my cousin works there, but he got fired so we find out we cant get it at cost anymore. Now were getting a 42 inch HD which is nice but I would have rather got the other one. God this day sucked huge ass.

last night was much better than today. I won 60 dollars playing nickel, dime, quarter texas hold'em :) Only took 12 people's money. Then went to the bar and it was drink or drown night, so 5 bucks and all the draft you could drink.

Then along comes friday, microeconomics test and we have a huge party tonight with a sorority, but I can't go cause I am on duty. I am an RA in a dorm on campus and tonight I have to sit around and make sure this building doesn't burn down or let someone die or anything. This really sucks....

Month ago found out I will be a father (god help us) my first. Then 2 weeks ago found out it will not be twins (they run in my family). Thats good news both ways!

Thats good for you. Its cool that you won those gloves.

During the past week, I found out my mom didn't have MS, which was expected, so that was great to hear. She does have Lyme though, but will suvive. And since we are on a medical note, my Grandma has been in a nursing home for a few months after an operation. We found out the hospital did all the things wrong and a ew doctor can perform surgery to take out the tumor that the other completely missed. So good news, I guess.

About your mother's Lyme's disease...having suffered the consequences of having contracted it 16 years ago, I hope she is getting massive doses of the right anti-biotics now....the earlier on in the process she can stem it, the more complete will be her recovery...and it can take a lot of antibiotics over an extended period. I was also diognosed with MS, Palsy, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, among a few others...it was always Lyme's and nothing else. If they do not get her on an extended dosage, maybe contact a different doctor..there is a lot of difference in experience and consequently treatment in treating this disease within the medical profession.

My mother contracted a disease in the seventies up in Southern Ontario, which I firmly believe was Lymes, and it was emphatically stated by the medical profession locally and in Toronto, that it "could not be Lyme's" because "we do not have Lymes disease up here"...her original symptoms began with a stiff neck and shoulder, flu like symptioms, extreme drowsiness, degenerating into arthritic pain, then followed by heart problems, and finally a cancer which was possiblly the result of 15 years of treatment with steroids. There was never any family history on her side of Rheumatoid arthritis. her symptoms started in December right after she had been cross country skiing through the woods on our family farm..lot's of hanging pine boughs on the trails, and filled with deer.

When I finally realized back in about 1989 that her symptoms (original) were so similar to my own, I talked to her doctors about the possibility, and recieved the answer above. Coincidentally at that time, the county where she lived had the largest per square mile concentration of deer in the Province of Ontario, as well as the highest incidence of rheumatoid arthritis.......

Has your mother been treated with intravenous antibiotics? I had the eye pain symptoms myself, went through massive testing..revealing nothing.....went to a little local one doctor clinic, who dispensed from his clinic, and simply told him I had Lymes....he was quite willing to charge me for a test, and prescribe the amount and dosage of Doxycylene I wanted (typically 30 days at 500 mg/day)..I needed about 1500 mg immediately when restarting the treatment, before those antibiotics actually helped eliminate my symptoms. I did many long (90 days) course of antibiotics orally before the symptoms finally stabilized. I have been left with some arthritic damage, but the active symptoms have stopped.

Having had it yourself, you know too well how dificult it has been to get a positive diagnosis...I had maybe 15 tests over a period of 6 years, before I ever showed positive....fortunately I found a doctor whose pocketbook drove him to accept my own diagnosis, and continue to prescribe the large doses of anti-biotics I needed from having the disease so long without proper treatment....Had I not had access to this doctor, whose avarice(this was confirmed through other events) allowed me to get treatment, I would probably be dead by now so bad were my symptoms.

This was a good and bad week for me. My birthday was last week and I bought an Ipod and I had my choice of any ops I wanted. I got a Graf Laser. I got my Ipod but I needed another cord so I had to wait for that to be delivered. Then I get my Ipod all set up and put the music on it and the thing skips like it is its job. Today I found out I got into honors english and history in school. I got my report card and get straight A's except for the C I got in spanish, so I get some money. Overall good week.

Well the other day I found out I won the Carter m1 shaft from the raffle. (does anyone know if its a broken M1 or a usable shaft or what?) So that was pretty neat. My birthday was tuesday and I got to hangout with this girl from my old school. I guess it was a couple pretty good thngs for me this week. I've never had a day like you had though. How did it go from $25 in certificates to $325? How's the team afford that?

I`ve been having a crap week, fights with the misses while were on our break, which turened to a break-up. I broke my last Mogo Toe Novius Fused, I lost my Eagle glove and left my pants at the areana. I had a Math and French test and I couldn`t focus at all. Today, might change the tides I`m going to battle of the bands and to see Paul10`s band play.