Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrock

652's high arch problem

I've got an older pair of CCM 652 skates and the fit is great except for the arches -- too high for me, causing discomfort. I'd like to try a replacement insole. Should I buy a certain brand/type or do they all work for flatter feet?

Thanks.

The Shock Doctor footbeds are great. I've got a pair of CCM Pro Tacks and couldn't even skate in them without severe pain because the insoles were paper thin, I bought a pair of Shock Doctor footbeds and they've been great ever since. The Shock Doctor footbeds also have a pretty low arch and there is a LOT of cushioning in them, very comfortable.

hockeymonkey_1819_35350529.jpg

hockeymonkey_1819_35372031.jpg

shock doctors dont do shit.... anyway.. that wont change his arch problem btw....his skates have a built in arch.... the insoles he has in him are low profile already

Actually, the stock insoles seem to really increase the arch. When I remove them, the arch that's left in the skate "floor" is significantly less.

These 652's are from the late 90's BTW, if that makes a difference.

shock doctors dont do shit.... anyway.. that wont change his arch problem btw....his skates have a built in arch.... the insoles he has in him are low profile already

That's not true at all. Yes, the skates have a built in arch, however the insole plays a huge role in that and because the stock insole is so thin, you really feel every aspect of the footbed of the boot, however a thicker insole with much more cushioning such as the Shock Doctors will dramatically decrease the arch and the intensity since the rest of the insole is raised above the arch built into the footbed.