Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickTrick33

Wide foot & a small heel. What do I do !?!?

Went to try on hockey skates today @ Hockey Giant in Anaheim. I have wide feet & always knew i'd have 2 get wider skates. I was shown the Tour brand which are known to be wider. Tried them on, they fit great. But then I stood up and wobbled. My heel wasn't locked in.

After trying on multiple pairs of skates I came to the conclusion that I have small heels and wide feet. Making a stock pair of skates impossible to fit.

So now i'm looking for a solution.

Ive read a few forum threads & i've heard of people buying insoles.

So my ultimate question is what solutions are out there? Heel inserts,thick socks,insoles,bandage wraps around the heels?

Went to try on hockey skates today @ Hockey Giant in Anaheim. I have wide feet & always knew i'd have 2 get wider skates. I was shown the Tour brand which are known to be wider. Tried them on, they fit great. But then I stood up and wobbled. My heel wasn't locked in.

After trying on multiple pairs of skates I came to the conclusion that I have small heels and wide feet. Making a stock pair of skates impossible to fit.

So now i'm looking for a solution.

Ive read a few forum threads & i've heard of people buying insoles.

So my ultimate question is what solutions are out there? Heel inserts,thick socks,insoles,bandage wraps around the heels?

easton f12's should fit the bill for you...unless your feet are particularly deep.

Did you try the Vapors? My foot looks like this \/ when planted...and fit almost perfectly in RX25s and RX05s. It's a bit tight in the toe area though. Along with some shock doctor insoles, it's extremely comfortable.

If you like the Tours, you can get these (http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/EZeeFit_Ankle_Booties_2MM_/descpage-EZ2MM.html). They fill the gaps and grip onto the heel of the boot. I use them for dress shoes.

I have tour goalie skates which also fit great for the wide foot. The ankle is a bit loose but that works out well for a goalie. Those heel booties work well with the Tour skates, but I obviously don't need them.

The Bauer Vapor RX:25's are an "R" width... some where between D and EE. Their heel is quite narrow and locks you in. Another good choice would be to pick up a pair of Graf ice skates, G35 or 735 has your combination of wide forefoot and narrow heel. Then you could convert them to roller with a new chassis. I would recommend a pair of Sprung's as they would give you the best "ice" feel of all the chassis available.

If you don't want to go Graf, another last-resort option would be to get a pair of Easton Stealths (retail, used, ebay w/e) as they have great heel lock for narrower ankles and a wider forefoot and convert them to inline.

One of the latest posts on the Alkali Hockey thread is that they are also wider toe box with a narrow heel. You might want to keep an eye on those! No conversion required, they are all about Inline.

I have flat, wide fore and mid, narrow heel, big ankle bone, and high instep. It's always a pain finding new pair of skates, but I think I finally found the solution in Alkali. There is no pinching on outside of my mid foot or inside of my arch, my heels are stable and locked in, no lace bite, plenty of padding for my ankle bone, and best of all, no pain on the part of my ankle that was broken and had surgery a year ago (top left picture, scar on inside ankle).

foot.jpg

I can't comment on the performance or durability of the skates, as I just got them today. But it's worth a try to see if they will work for you.

Previously I wore Reebok 8k (roller) and 11k (ice), fore and mid foot were okay, but had terrible heel lock.