Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swape

Stick blade protection

I bought my first reebok 11k one-piece griptonite stick yesterday , the floor i play in is very abrasive and i noticed that this stick is not reversible at all ( is it ? ) , the hole in the top is so big , standard blade does not fit good .. and walls look weaker than normal , maybe that's why it's so light !

So I think this stick will not last long , maybe 3 weeks if i'm lucky , 'couse the blade bottom will wear out so fast (i had a 10k before this) , and then the only thing i could do is hangin' it on the wall in my room ..

it was really expensive so .. maybe you got some good hints for me to make the blade last longer on roller rinks ??

does a protection for blade bottom exist ?

does anyone use one-piece stick for roller hockey or is better not ?

at the moment i'm using 3 narrow white grip layers on the bottom of the blade ... as soon as i see carbon coming out from the white grip (about 10 minutes of game) i immediately change stick ! :)

please help !! thanks

I had to read through this twice just to make sure it isn't too early in the morning haha. I mainly play roller hockey and use OPS and haven't noticed much abrasion to any of my blades playing on sport court, what kind of floor/surface are you playing on? I was going to say it would help to use tape on the bottom of the blade but it sounds like you are already doing that.

i recommend 2 piece for inline. wood blade should be good in durability. for composite blade, my ST and RM9 are still going strong after 5months playing twice a week. tape won't protect much :(

mattonelle-di-graniglia-1.jpg

What kind of surface do you play on?

that's very similar to the outdoor surface we play on (for training) 2/3 times a week..simply old tiles ! my reebok 10k pro stock stick blade lasted 2 games and 5 trainings ! the only blade i can use and lasts 1/2 months is ccm 07 with the abs core .

I know , that's what we all normally do(2 pieces sticks) , but i like Ops , got a better slap shot with it , better wrist shot , it's lighter , my rbk 10k was my very first OPS , and i loved it , that's why i bought the 11k , i will not give up ..and i'll find something to put on that bottom ...maybe some kind of special tape .. i tought someone maybe could have done something similar before !that's why I asked !

You can epoxy the bottom of the blade. I think Teresa a how-to writeup somewhere around here.

that's a good Idea since i have epoxy and some sheets of carbon clothes ! I could try to put a carbon layer over the white tape maybe , since i don't want to put glue/epoxy direclty on the blade carbon surface ! ..

what's/who's Teresa? and where to find the how-to ?

I feel that I read on here that putting a strip of electrical tape on the bottom of the blade might help, but I'm not sure how well it would work.

tesa_4579_bidirectional_glass_filament_tape.jpg

I think i tryed that electrical tape once , and it didn't work ,

but i saw a player using a tape very similar to the one in this pic ..the tape brand was the same but i'm not sure the model is exactly the same .. he told me that 1 layer of that tape could last 1 game/training the name of this tape is tesa bidirectional glass filament tape and i couldn't try it 'couse i've never found it in shops next to where i live ! btw i never needed it ..maybe now that i do , i'll try to order from ebay or some online shop !

"Anti Shear" , this is the tape feature that should help me right ??? (sorry but i'm Italian and don't get the correct meaning of some words sometime )

Epoxy the bottom edge of the blade. Create a 1/4inch layer of the epoxy and you should be set. Ive described this countless times in my previous posts for abrasive surfaces...

I think the epoxy strip along the bottom is a great idea. However, it has become a ritual around the rinks in Canada, that we use regular thick black hockey tape.

This is how I do it and works great for one game... I tear off a strip of tape half the length of the blade and rip it into 2 long thin strip's! I run these thin strips directly along the bottom of the blade (takes 2 pieces to run the full length). Then overtop of that I use a full width piece of the same black hockey tape and put a second layer along the bottom edge of the blade.

The second strip is wider and wraps up on the front and back of the blade by 3/8" or so, just enough to meet the Blade-Tape stickers on the face of the blade that I use for grip.