Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

curtstyle24

Intermediate Equipement Sizing

I know this may have been covered but I cant seem to find any answers. I am 5'6 and can fit in a size 13-14 gloves. I am wondering if intermediate size goalie equipment will fit me. My LHS does not carry goalie equipment so I cannot try it on. Also since intermediate gear is a tad cheaper I was wondering if I could save a couple bucks. I am just playing in a small pick up league where guys dont have crazy hard shots.

I know I can fit in a 31 leg pad, but will the glove and blocker fit fine?

I'm 5'7", and wear a set of Reebok 9K intermediates. Pads and glove fit me fine, but the blocker is definitely a bit on the tight side, especially the opening.

I'm 5'7", and wear a set of Reebok 9K intermediates. Pads and glove fit me fine, but the blocker is definitely a bit on the tight side, especially the opening.

Did it get better with break in? I think im going to take the plunge and order some this week. Saves hundreds of dollars being a little guy haha.

Sounds like you and I are about the same size. I wear a size 29+1 Bauer Supreme which is an inch too small but it works for me.

I kinda prefer my blocker loose so I went with a senior sized Bauer One60. I wear a 13 Supreme glove as a forward and the One60 is probably like a 14. I never tried on the intermediate one, but I'm sure it'd be snug. The downside to the intermediate sizing is that it covers less area.

The glove is a bit trickier to size since everyone's glove is different. I had to go with the int One80 glove for Bauers...but in Warrior and Reebok I can wear a senior just fine. You're probably better off going intermediate to get a better fit. It does break in, but again you have less blocking area.

I feel like you'd be able to get away with the trapper, but the blocker will definitely be a bit small. I wear 13' player gloves but I've always been in senior sized blockers.

Did it get better with break in? I think im going to take the plunge and order some this week. Saves hundreds of dollars being a little guy haha.

I bought a used set, they are definitely tight. I were 13in gloves.