Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stampede

Rocker Chassis

Has anyone got any advice? If Justin is out there, what is Mission's position on this? I cannot be the only one in the world thinking and planning along these lines.

Im not sure if rocker frames come stock on any skates anymore Im almost positive they dont, I have a set of rockers for sale in the sales section:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?showtopic=16855

If I were you I would find a cheap inline boot or ice boot and mount those on there to see if they work out for him...Not many places sell them online anymore and you wont find a better deal....Hope this helps ya.

Im not sure if rocker frames come stock on any skates anymore Im almost positive they dont, I have a set of rockers for sale in the sales section:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?showtopic=16855

If I were you I would find a cheap inline boot or ice boot and mount those on there to see if they work out for him...Not many places sell them online anymore and you wont find a better deal....Hope this helps ya.

PM sent

www.smarthockey.com

They manufacture the rocker chassis. I am not sure but I believe you can buy direct from them.

You'll probably have to find your own boots to mount them on though.

www.smarthockey.com

They manufacture the rocker chassis. I am not sure but I believe you can buy direct from them.

or if you can find them on the nike quest 1 skates, hockeymonkey used to have them,

www.smarthockey.com

Where can you just buy the boots??

Although I think that the rocker chassis may make it easier to transition back and forth from ice to inline if you have already recieved good power skating training, and you want to enjoy recreational inline hockey in the off season...I know that I have at least 7 kids from a group of about 20 who attended my inline clinics, and who grew up playing competitive inline hockey on both straight frames and then hilo chassis, that have gone on to play Junior ice hockey at the A and B levels as well as some others who are playing college hockey.

That is to say it is possibly more important to get good skating technique in either discipline, than worrying too much about the chassis.

For those who wish to excel in inline, they will have an advantage if they get used to using a chassis with all 4 wheels on the floor, as grip is always an issue as you progress up the feed chain. I do not know any player in the elite leagues or at the top of the Narch Platinum divisions or Pro divisions who play inline on rocker chassis any more....There may be a good reason....

Those players have learned to pivot either on the front or rear wheels, so do not rely on having a center pivot point such as offered with the rocker chassis, and although this means they have learned a different technique from ice hockey they can switch back and forth pretty easily, because the rest of the stride is pretty similar.

Although I think that the rocker chassis may make it easier to transition back and forth from ice to inline if you have already recieved good power skating training, and you want to enjoy recreational inline hockey in the off season...I know that I have at least 7 kids from a group of about 20 who attended my inline clinics, and who grew up playing competitive inline hockey on both straight frames and then hilo chassis, that have gone on to play Junior ice hockey at the A and B levels as well as some others who are playing college hockey.

That is to say it is possibly more important to get good skating technique in either discipline, than worrying too much about the chassis.

For those who wish to excel in inline, they will have an advantage if they get used to using a chassis with all 4 wheels on the floor, as grip is always an issue as you progress up the feed chain. I do not know any player in the elite leagues or at the top of the Narch Platinum divisions or Pro divisions who play inline on rocker chassis any more....There may be a good reason....

Those players have learned to pivot either on the front or rear wheels, so do not rely on having a center pivot point such as offered with the rocker chassis, and although this means they have learned a different technique from ice hockey they can switch back and forth pretty easily, because the rest of the stride is pretty similar.

Thanks for the insight. I am still deciding which videos to buy. We live kind of in the boonies as far as clinics and private lessons go. Most anything we do will have to be either at the practices when the coach has seven other kids to deal with, or on our own in the garage after getting amped up on training videos.

Thansk