Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dknj

possible to fix cracked Ultra Lite Shaft?

Is it possible to fix / re-use an Easton Ultra Lite Shaft that is cracked at the bottom 4 inches from where the blade attaches?

I have an Ultra Lite with a wooden blade that worked great for about 1 year. Unfortunately the blade did not crack but rather the bottom of the shaft where it attaches has.

Would it be possible to cut off the 4 inches where the crack is and re-insert the blade in the new position?

I shortened the stick by cutting the original wooden plug, so I guess I would put in another wooden plug that is longer then the cut one I am using to make up for the difference.

Would this work? Or would I be totally changing the flex spot on the stick?

Thanks!

Well according to Easton, their differential flex technology will 'balance' out the kickpoint no matter how much the shaft is cut. If you buy into that then go for it. I would probably just buy another ultralite though.

Why not try flipping it around and putting the end plug in the cracked part and tape it up really well? Might not work but it's worth a shot before you cut the shaft.

Why not try flipping it around and putting the end plug in the cracked part and tape it up really well? Might not work but it's worth a shot before you cut the shaft.

I'd try that first before cutting it. I also find that sticks with end plugs are easier to flex. It might be just be but I'm not sure.

Hey guys, thanks!

I am going to try flipping it. I've never operated on these 2 piece sticks before though. I guess I can heat it with a heat gun or hair dryer. Will I need to apply more glue?? If so, is it a kind I can get at Home Depot or something?

I'll also try to mend the cracked piece with a tight tape job, unless there are any suggestions for welding it back together somehow.

instead of taping over the cracked end like crazy. just get the end of a blade or even a wood butt end and cut it and insert just the hosel into the shaft to provide some more support for the area.