Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nazzy19

04 Novius or XV

I have narrowed my choice down to 2 shafts, the soft grip tapered novius or the Bauer xv. I was just wondering if any of that novius Boron spine or any of their marketing actually works. I have used the XV, but everyone on this board seems to speak highly of Innovative and their novius'. So, what should it come down to for my decision?

Just got myself a Novius, non grip, standard, 300 flex shaft. This thing is the bomb and the Boron spine definately works. My shots are harder and more accurate with less effort then what I'd used before which was a Nike Ignite P1. Haven't used the XV to be honest but Im gonna order another Novius next paycheck to make sure I have a spare for the coming years as I really am hooked on this shaft.

I haven't used a XV yet, but I have used many other tapered shafts. I have been using a 300 flex white soft grip tapered Novius the past two weeks for roller, and I love it! I like the double concave shape and I am usually not a fan of grip, but this grip is nice in that it is not overly tacky. It has great kick to it.

Im planning on getting the 260 flex for the Novius if i get it......and was wondering if is stiffer or softer than what the flex chart says......i use around 100 flex most of the time, so is the 260(rated 90 easton) an accurate conversion?

i just got a novius 5/300 standard shaft as a replacement for my 1100, and i say it's holding up better than the 1100 did, which broke in half from being hit with a puck. if the replacement novius i got came with grip, i'd be in heaven. only thing i hate is how easily the paint chips and comes off

Im planning on getting the 260 flex for the Novius if i get it......and was wondering if is stiffer or softer than what the flex chart says......i use around 100 flex most of the time, so is the 260(rated 90 easton) an accurate conversion?

If you're using an Easton 100 (which does vary slightly depending upon what shaft or OPS you're using), I don't think you'll have any problem with the Innovative 260. The Inno 220 might be just a tad stiff. So when dealing with other brands, I've always low-balled it and went with the slightly flexier shaft (i.e; TPS Regular/Inno 260, etc...)

I have used both the Novius 260 tapered shaft and the XV. Personally, I found the Novius to be oddly balanced, heavy, durable, and yes, the boron spine really works. Works so well, it makes one wonder why other companies haven't picked it up.

I think the XV is more nible, accurate, better feeling, and still has an impressive kick. If your a D-man and want a booming shot, then the Inno might be the way to go. If your a speed/agility/stickhandler you might be happier with the XV. The "stick em" grip and the soft grip is essentially the same. I've had minor peeling problems with both, yet think its a great tackiness. I've had a real love/hate relationship with the Inno. The XV shaft is a solid performer. The 260 I have is indistinguishable from an Easton 100 in terms of flex. Good luck.

hmmm......I do tend to play D more and use my slapper....and when I do play forward ill probably use my xn10. Can you guys confrim the weights of each shaft?

I found 315 for the inno and 395 for the XV.

The Inno is I believe 315grams The XV is 285grams. The hardest shot I ever took was with an Inno 1100, great on slappers, amazing zip, but I found it very unfunctional for stickhandling and wristers. Maybe it was the handle shape, but just didn't like the feel of the shaft overall. It was much heavier than an Ultra light, which I was using at the time. The XV is perfect for all aspects of the game. I agree with everything Racer8 had to say about the XV, He said it best.

So I'm getting the feeling here that the Inno is more of a specialized stick, for slappers etc, while the XV is more all-round. Weight is kind of an issue for me, and now you guys have got me leaning back towards an XV.

315g + 145g synthesis blade = 460g thats like an old '02 synergy

I wouldn't say the Inno is a specialized shaft...it just all depends on what you like. I personally don't find it much heavier (if at all) than an ultra lite - you also have to take into account that the UL is 3" shorter than the Novius, which may be the reason for the weight discrepancy. I'd go with an 1100, but that's just me...

I dont think im gonna get a 1100, its just going to be either the novius or the xv. you guys seem to talk about them as if they are the same shaft. Is the novius just the new 1100?