Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thunderbirds_are_go

Hefter hockey helmets

I was flicking through the latest "The Ice Link" mag for the Vegas show, and say a full page ad for Hefter Helmets. They claim to be over 35% better than traditional helmets. I had a look at their website www.hefterimpact.com but they don't tell you much - not even a photo of a helmet. Being on the other end of the planet from you guys I figured one of you might know more about them.

I just received an e-mail back from them. It looks like they have one helmet model with some fancy new liner. They claim that they are 35% better than the CCM 1052 and Bauer 5000, and will retail for slightly more than the 8000. Looks like they've taken most of their styling cues from Bauer - the small picture on their website which I though was a Bauer 5000 is actually a drawing of their helmet. Looks like it's got the occipital lock thing from the Bauer 8000 too. I can't think of any other companies that have gotten into hockey through helmets. Have to wait and see if they're any good, and if enough people buy them so they stay in business.

"After many months of hard work from a dedicated staff, Hefter will introduce his new Hefter Evolution helmet on January 31, 2004 at the IHIA Show in Las Vegas. Hefter is currently building a contingent of exclusive retail partners throughout North America to offer the new product. “We wanted to find a way to protect our partners and their margins by not over distributing,†Hefter said."

11 months and we still cant get a real photo of the helmet on the website?? The one pictured looks like a sketch...