Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

In-lines

Which In-lines do you prefer?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just curious as to what you prefer? I'm looking into new in-lines, definately not for a little, but would like to start researching everything. I have some concerns with straight in-lines, but have always thought they had an advantage over converted ice boots (although I've never worn them). Just curious as to other prefrences and why?

I prefer an ice boot with an inline chassis mounted onto it. The last few boots I've had were CCM Tacks and I've had a couple chassis' mounted onto them. My main reason is just because the Tacks line fits my foot pretty well and they seem to have more protection than some inline-only boots.

I live in a "roller hockey Mecca" in St. Louis, MO and it's definitely Tour country over here with a pretty strong showing of Mission as well. Most people just buy straight inlines around here so they look pretty strangely at my skates wondering what they are.

Of course the disadvantage of converting ice boots to inline is the possibility of someone not knowing what they're doing and mounting the chassis on crooked.

Having used both OEM original skates and mounted over 12 chassis on ice/inline boots for my son and myself, I would have to honestly say that today, with the technology available from the OEM's, that you should certainly be able to find a complete skate that rivals anything you can put together yourself....and for no more cash..if not less.... depending on how exotic you want to get.

The top end skates use the lightest high tech chassis, and lightest, most comfortable boots available anywhere in most cases, or close enough that you cannot tell the difference.

It's all in your pp.....if you have a boot you like from ice, and want to keep using it..then by all means go the conversion route...For years I converted Grafs to inlines as that was what my son used for ice hockey when he played. However I can say that the last few OEM skates my son has used had no negative impact on his performance, and were the most comfortable skates he has ever used. In fact the availability of the Hum'er chassis is looked upon as a definite performance gain by him..mounted on a boot which he loves(Beemer)....right from the factory.....Whatever floats your boat....Some peolpe are in love with being unique...and so will always get a conversion done....but, is it a better skate? If the user thinks it is...well he has a psychological advantage he should stick with then.

I would have to agree with Steve on that one. I personally love the old style vapor line, its too bad theyre so hard to find nowadays. As far as the new skates, I would say the Nike Hi-Ho silvers are my favorite, great fit for me at least.

I converted my 852s because I loved the skates. Those things went from prolites to Tuuks to Mission penetrators to Tuuks again.

I live in a "roller hockey Mecca" in St. Louis, MO

i loved playing in st. louis when i played college roller for indiana. traveled there all the time for the great plains division. freaking rinks EVERYWHERE. ice & roller. good stuff.

the last roller skates i had were ccm externo outcasts, but i prefer the ice boots with frames route. i never really found a roller boot that fit me right. the only trouble with ice boots is that they can get torn up easier. roller boots are purpose built and hold up better to floor burn.