Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Rebellion 75-10 Stick

Again, shout out to JR for setting this up.

Rebellion 75-10

Specs: 85 flex, Sakic clone, Grip

Personal stats: 6'2 180 lbs RW

Skating 4 times a week

Last sticks: Easton ST, Easton S19, Warrior Dynasty

Initial impressions: Wow. Out of the box this feels like a great stick, which I was pleasantly surprised with. Having only seen or heard about rebellion through third parties, and none of it being very positive, this is a very nice change of pace.

Shaft shape: the shaft is quite boxy. Not concave, more like a warrior dolomite type of feel, slightly skinnier than the eq50 i have sitting next to me, which is not a bad thing either, a very nice feeling stick. The grip is also quite tacky, almost Reebok like.

Balance: Again, the balance and weight of this stick is quite impressive. Uncut it is lighter than my Combat 52cal or my EQ50 which astounded me.

The graphics are very clean, as you can see in the show it off thread.

Again, gonna try to use it tonight, be sure to get my opinions up soon

Used the stick for the first time in practice, and then in warm up before my first playoff game, but switched back to a stick that I was more comfortable with for the game.

Length wise, the stick is about an inch longer than an EQ50 uncut, so I did need to trim it, but this did not affect the flex in any way. The stick plays very accurately to the flex, if not a little softer than the 85, again, nothing to complain about because I like the lower flex.

For those of you who like grip sticks, you'll love this stick. the grip is very tacky. I can't think of a stick that it compares to off hand, but there is lots of grip. again, nothing to complain about because I like grip sticks better.

The kick point took some adapting. Coming from a S19 most recently, which had a higher kick point, I needed to adapt my shooting technique to get shots off better. It actually looks like this stick has a miniature Dagger taper, similar to the Warrior, but not as long, I'll be sure to try to take a picture of it. Anyways, once I figured it out, this stick shoots amazingly. the kick is on par with the one95, but with a low kick.

I had the same trouble with passing initially, needed to dial them in a little. but once I got it I didn't look back.

The puck feel is what should sell this stick. Hands down the best feeling stick I have ever used. A very bold statement, I know and take it for what you will, but once the puck is on my blade, I know exactly where it is, made it very easy to carry the puck, especially through traffic.

I'm gonna try to use the stick for my game tomorrow, look for another update sometime over the weekend.

Used the stick for the game on friday, still getting used to taking quick snap shots with is, I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with it. Although I have a Sakic clone, there is a hair less toe, maybe that's what it is. Either way it performed very well for me, though I think it's developing a crack. I left it at the rink in my dressing room so I won't get a chance to examine it until tuesday, and I'll take a picture then.

Sorry for the delay in posts. Been super busy with play offs playing almost every other day while trying to balance a University class load.

Anyways, good news is I realized that what I thought was a crack was just the paint flaking off around what I assume is the connection between the shaft and blade, and if this is the case, then this is relatively high on the stick, (again, need to get pictures, setting reminder)

Apart from that, I love how this stick feels, especially now that I'm used to it. the shaft shape is very nice, I can't think of anything quite similar. The kick as well, is quite nice now that im used to it, and it kicks HARD. the first thing I noticed with my shooting, is that I didn't need to bring my lower hand down so low when i shoot (depending on the situation, i either shoot off the toe, or drag the puck towards me and release to change the angle) and I have found that I can get my shot off much quicker without losing much velocity. My slap shot has suffered some, I think this is because I'm not letting the stick do all the work, so a little tweaking will have to be done on my part.

so far no complaints. I'll be sure to update soon.