Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cardz55

Alkali CA-9 stick

I'm thinking about trying out the new ca-9 stick I just haven't been able to find any reviews or feed back on the stick and the closest pro shop that carries alkali is over a 3 hour drive. If anyone can give any input on how the stick feels (weight,balance). Hows the durability? Pretty much any input would be appreciated.

Best guy to ask is Justin on here..since he owns Alkali!

I don't think the sticks have been released yet hence why you won't find any reviews etc.

I too am looking to grab one of these sticks.

I had the chance to handle a CA9 during warm ups of a game a few weeks back as a player on my team has one. I currently use S19's to give a reference point. It is slightly heavier than my S19, but felt balanced. I prefer the release of my S19's (primary reason why I use them is their release); however, for half the original retail price of my stick, I would not hesitate to play a CA9 if they have a curve/lie combo to my liking. The flexes were the same and I felt they were comparable. One detail I really liked about the CA9 was the coating/grip feel. It has a dull matte finish that felt great to me.

Makoto nailed it. For the price, the stick is great. Is it as good a high end stick from our competitors? No, but for $149 you won't find a nicer stick.

Thanks for all the responses they have been helpful. The only other question i have is whats the durability like? I use blade shark on my sticks so the toe and the bottom of the blade are exposed to the sport court.

Thanks for all the responses they have been helpful. The only other question i have is whats the durability like? I use blade shark on my sticks so the toe and the bottom of the blade are exposed to the sport court.

Small sample...but through 7 games it is showing little wear. It FEELS like the most durable stick I have.

Good to hear sounds like its doing better then my RS after 7 games

I went through 3 RS's before picking up a Bauer APX and receiving my CA9. My APX has been on the bench the last 7 games as I've been playing in a very tough string of games and the durability of the CA9 has pulled through great. Can't describe the abuse its taken and it's still popping.