Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Södy

Best Composite Stick / Two Piece combo for Roller

I currently play a JOFA TITAN 4020 Wood stick and I'm not very pleased with it.

I consider switching over to a composite stick for the first time ever (I play goal on ice where I play wood sticks only).

Which one is the best and most durable stick for inline?

I am looking at these since they are in my price range (want to go low since its roller):

Sherwood Composite T30

Bauer Vapor X-Lite Composite

Warrior Esquire OPS

Warrior Bentley OPS (Grip, I dont know!?)

They are all aroudn 40€, only the Bentley OPS is around 48€.

Does anybody can tell me something about this sticks? I really want to have two or three sticks that last atleast a season.

Yeah I thought about that but it is more expensive plus it is tough to get blades here in germany.

We play in a gym and on a melt down ice rink which is pretty rough to wheels and blades. This is why I have concerns if OPS will hold up well.

Södy,

have a look at this shop: http://canadiensport.com/

They ship to Germany for 10€ per order, even for sticks.

The Ballistik 22cal is a pretty good stick for the money. Also they have good shafts and blades at a good price point. I would recommend either the Easton ST Blade or the CCM V07. The Easton is lighter and performs better, but the V07 is a tank! I used my last for nearly one season...

Yeah I thought about that but it is more expensive plus it is tough to get blades here in germany.

We play in a gym and on a melt down ice rink which is pretty rough to wheels and blades. This is why I have concerns if OPS will hold up well.

Get a two piece. Composites are awful on rough surfaces. Once you get to the foam core, the blade loses a lot of rigidity. For a blade, go with an ABS blade as they are made to wear evenly on those surfaces (wood splinters away). If you want blades that are ABS but are a bit stiffer, CCM (old Koho) Crossover and Frontier X-Over both make blades with a wood core for support.

I think the Warrior Bentley blade is solid composite, correct? That would wear better than any foam-filled blade, but probably still best to use an ABS core blade.

I've always gone with a shaft and blade combo since playing roller can be rough on blades. if you can still find it then a TPS Redlite XN10 would be the best ever, SUPER lite and built like a tank. Unfortunetly finding one is almost impossible, trust me i've been trying for the last 3 years!! However you can still find some old TPS R8 shafts which is one of the lightest on the market and just add any blade you want, i would recommend the bauer Totalone blades myself. Warrior also makes some good stuff, easton has always had duribility problems and RBK sticks are a little on the heavy side.

Ok, I looked a bit more into the two piece sticks. I found out that the RBK 1k ABS blade is one of the best for roller ball hockey. Can anyone confirm this? A LHS also has some great deals (10€ each) on blades. They are Bauer Wood blades (Supreme 4000, 5000,7000, One80) and 3 Sherwood 950 for 18€.

The RBK 1k blade is around 18€, while the 2k is 24€ and the 3k around 31€. Are there any huge differences?

As a shaft, I looked into the Bauer One 30 (47€), Torspo Surge 221 (47€) and Warrior Bandito Grip (55€).

Can anyone comment on this stuff? Is wood ok for roller hockey or do they have not the same durability as ABS blades?

@sarasch

Thank you for this site. Will definetly bookmark it!

If you want a solid ABS blade, go with the crossover. The 1k is a great outdoor blade, but I've found that it twists too much for my liking.

THe Crossover is more expensive, but its a really really solid blade.

Some places (in the States, anyway) have good prices on Warrior's AK27 shaft lately. That's the standard shaft I'd use if I ran out of my current RLXN10s. It's really the only one that I'd consider out of what's on the market now. I've found the performance of the AK27 to be the next best thing in standard shafts. They're light, durable and kick quite nicely. I've also found that they don't lose much of their kick over time.

Keep an eye on ebay for Easton Z-Bubbles (also just a tad less kick than RLXN10s) and Ultra Lites (Solid performance and amazing durability). I agree with the others who suggest that you may get the best durability out of a blade with ABS.

The Bentley has a foam core and isn't solid.

Agreed with everyone else here and fatwabbit especially, the Crossover is proven tech, it's been around for quite a while.

I play outdoor on and I use a two piece. I use Warrior Bentley blades. They are solid composite and last a pretty long time. THey basically just wear down like an wood or abs blade.

I play outdoor on and I use a two piece. I use Warrior Bentley blades. They are solid composite and last a pretty long time. THey basically just wear down like an wood or abs blade.

good to know. i've been looking for more solid composites without filler or foam for this very reason. thanks

Has anyone used Montreal CMX blades for roller hockey? Just found a few and am wondering if they'll hold up well. I'm pretty sure they're a hybrid blade with some ABS (at least along the bottom).

I've used the Montreal M95 blades outdoors with a lot of luck, they are layers of wood with an ABS middle ply and are probably the best rough surface blade I've ever used. Barring that the Crossover and 2K blade are both solid options as both are proven and widely available

I've used the Montreal M95 blades outdoors with a lot of luck, they are layers of wood with an ABS middle ply and are probably the best rough surface blade I've ever used. Barring that the Crossover and 2K blade are both solid options as both are proven and widely available

Great to hear. I found a bunch of somewhat used m95s that I forgot about, too.