Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hyprlte

Television question

So I just got a Samsung UN55D7000 television for my new place. At first, I was amazed - colour was bright, images were sharp, ect.

Then I tried to play a ps3 game (skyrim) and the image drastically changed. There was some major lag on the screen whenever I panned from left to right and when I played NHL 12 the graphics weren't too clear. I know there is a game mode but was wondering if anybody here has this television and if they've experienced anything like this.

I used game mode and it pretty eliminated the lag. Only problem was that the graphics were significantly reduced. Im thinking I made a mistake in buying the led and should return it for a plasma

On your ps3 do you have your video output set to the highest definition? Sometimes with a new TV the system re-sets the video output setting to standard definition.

You might need a high-speed HDMI cable. Other than that, it's gotta be a setting in either the TV or the PS3.

Got a high speed hdmi cable. Turns out it was a lemon. Brought it back and got a replacement. It's better, but I'm still finding some lag. Maybe plasma is the best route?

I have 120Hz Samsung LCD (not LED) and I notice no lag when using my x-box. The picture is flawless in any situation.

Wonder if you could hook up another set at the store and replicate the issue.

Is the 240Hz achieved by using something called Auto Motion Plus or something similar? If so, you may want to turn this option off and see if it improves. I have that on my Samsung LCD and it doesn't work very well and sites specialized in TVs and other electronics mostly all recommend to turn off those "accelerator chips". You will find that in your image settings somewhere.

Just did a quick research and your LED's term would be Clear Motion Rate I believe. You may want to turn that off and see what happens.

As noted above, make sure the output settings on the PS3 are set to HDMI or whatever it is (1080P or 1080i). I had to change this setting recently when one of my HDMI cables died on me. Everything reverted back to 480 which makes the graphics look terrible and distorted.