Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darmin

Brians Thief CA

Just an update on my gear, I have been practicing on a cheap itech helmet first. Here is the simple colour scheme I am thinking of going with. I used a silver fleck base coat and then a black hamerfinnish for the dark bits and a few coats of clear

helmet2.jpg

helmet1.jpg

I pulled my sherwwod catcher apart to see if it is possible for me to make it fit the warrior glove but no luck so fae.

I know the catcher says messiah but somethings on the catcher and blocker appear different between the messiah glove pictures I can find and what I have ,so I have included some pictures so that those who have used the gear can confirm the model for me.

The tag on the inside only says Pro Spec

tag.jpg

blocker1.jpg

blocker2.jpg

blocker3.jpg

glove1.jpg

glove2.jpg

Very nice paintjob: I'm a big fan of simple, bold, well-formed patterns (or even just flat colours) on masks. Just promise me you'll put a better mask under the final coat of paint. :wink:

There have been several versions of the Messiah gloves, and, unfortunately, not all online reviews or even retailers' websites reflect this. The catching glove you've got there is a mark-3 (or M3) Messiah: definitely the best of the bunch, though very much a Lefebvre-style, narrow-opening handshake glove. (It's the one I reviewed for MSH). On yours, however, not only is the backhand missing across the fingers, but the backhand cuff is *definitely* not stock: it's much larger and looks significantly beefier.

The blocker you have is even more interesting. The blank sidewall suggests it was a pro or custom order, as does the lack of dye-sublimated polyester on the face, and the fact that the palm appears to be BS2100 synthetic leather rather than Nash. In addition, there's more protection to the lateral side (outside) of the palm, and the lateral corner at the toe of the blocker isn't curled up the way it is on most Messiah blockers.

Out of curiosity, how did you come across them?

I picked them up of Fatwabbit ( posted earlier). I read your review and that's what caused some questions, the difference in the graphics on both the catcher and the blocker and slight variants. And yes the Palm is leather and not nash but still has the same design on it. As for the helmet am trying to decide between ordering a custom or shopping for a decent second hand one. The one I have finished is used for when the mrs shoots balls (pucks broke a neighbours window) or throws the reaction ball at me in the back yard. I picked upa nice pair of reebok shorts of a forum member as well, a good price and they fit perfectly. Only a couple more items before I will be ready to use all my own gear down at the rink.

Ah, right, I forgot they were his originally: very cool gloves.

You'll never get a better deal than a custom full-fibreglass Protechsport; it's really just a question of whether you can wait for it to arrive (without gnawing your own leg off in anticipation, which I almost did to myself). $300 Canadian plus shipping and a few cents worth of plaster wrap (for the head mold) gets you a perfectly fitted mask with NHL-level protection. Unless you're in a rush AND happen to find someone local with a Hackva, Sportmask, or a quality Fusion or Eddy mask for substantially less, I'd get things rolling with Michel ASAP.

For now, let your lady ding you in the head a few times, but just make sure she doesn't substitute tennis balls for cricket balls if you've done something inadvisable. ;)