Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wildcat85

Zidlicky Barcode

Smyth is not even close to the Kovy's real pro pattern. The closest is Gionta and even that one is too open of a mid curve without a real toe. As someone else had mentioned earlier (Chadd, maybe?) Warrior used to produce real Kovy pro even in a replacement blades. Not anymore and ever... In my opinion, if you blend Slovak and Gionta you may arrive at the Kovalchuk pro curve.

Really? You may want to check post 326 of this thread: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57617-warrior-stick-customizer-program/page__st__326

Smyth = Kovalchuk pro

Now, Smyth isn't the same as all Kovy pro patterns, but it's obviously the same as one of his pro patterns if a Warrior Product manager stated as much.

Really? You may want to check post 326 of this thread: http://www.modsquadh...m/page__st__326

Now, Smyth isn't the same as all Kovy pro patterns, but it's obviously the same as one of his pro patterns if a Warrior Product manager stated as much.

I cannot disprove it as I am not familiar with Kovalchuk's pro patterns of the past. What I said was based on the words I recently had with a Warrior rep and owning Kovalchuk pro stock sticks that are less than two year old.

I cannot disprove it as I am not familiar with Kovalchuk's pro patterns of the past. What I said was based on the words I recently had with a Warrior rep and owning Kovalchuk pro stock sticks that are less than two year old.

Yes, pro patterns evolve over time. Hell, they can use several different patterns in the same season. I just know that the Smyth is very similar to a pro stock Kovy I had 5 or 6 years ago (but even at that time the store I bought it from had at least 3 different variations of his curve) and that the Product Manager indicated it was based on one of his patterns.

Makes perfect sense... I can't even imagine what a pain some of the pros must be for the stick manufactures with their crazy demands for stick specs.