Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wildcat85

Zidlicky Barcode

I ordered a 6 pack of makos from pshg. Long story short they gave me the wrong curve. I need a Marek Zidlicky barcode picture or i am stuck with the messed up sticks and out a lot of $$$. PLEASE if you know anyone who has a picture please ask. Im desprate!!!

I'm thinking you ordered the wrong stick...

What happened was they werent able to give me the curve i ordered without making a new mold so they went ahead and picked a similar one without asking. Its not close at all. For that much money i will get what i paid for.

You seemed fine with the curve in your video.

For the sake of the video i went with it. Did you notice the awkward pause when i noticed the barcode?

I noticed it... Then you brought it up and said "the curve looks exactly the same."

How is it not even close if you couldn't tell the difference?

This makes me wonder about trying to order a batch thru them. I found a couple original Arnott grip Synergys and they had the barcode still, but those are damn near 10-years-old and he hasn't used that pattern since about the same time. I don't want to get stuck with some skanky pattern because someone thought it was similar to what I wanted.

Did you change your mind? The reason I ask is because Malkin's slump buster curve is similar to Perry's curve but not similar to Zidlicky's curve.

how much did they, PSHG, asked for a custom mold? I like Kovy/Zidlicky/Zherdev curve and there's nothing out there. I'd be interested in splitting the cost for a custom mold if there's a good quality second-tier stick company that is willing to do it. Also, I have Zherdev's pro stock sticks, on blades of which there what appears to be the pattern code of some sort. The sticks are Bauer, so, it could be the mold number or something else...

Well I don't want the perry and they offered to redo the order with a curve I like. I have been using the Kovalchuk pattern for a year now and its my favorite pattern next to malkins. They (Easton) will not do it even with a barcode because Zidlicky has had "way too many spec changes". Easton will not make a mold either. So it's looking like I will end up waiting a month for nothing. I don't want any other curve from Easton. I asked pshg about refunding me with u+cls because they will make a mold and are still cheaper than Easton even with the $20 molding fee for each stick. If they really want to keep me as a customer they will do it. Waste of my time and effort to get this sorted out for nothing. They could have just told me easton can't do the Malkin or Zidlicky and I would have bagged that order and gone with ccm. Right now I'd be posting my Kovalchuk curve crazy lights in the show it off thread but nooo if anything it will be a month from now or nothing it all.

Are you the same guy on PHEW asking about the perry/malkin curves Wildcat?

Yes

how much did they, PSHG, asked for a custom mold? I like Kovy/Zidlicky/Zherdev curve and there's nothing out there. I'd be interested in splitting the cost for a custom mold if there's a good quality second-tier stick company that is willing to do it. Also, I have Zherdev's pro stock sticks, on blades of which there what appears to be the pattern code of some sort. The sticks are Bauer, so, it could be the mold number or something else...

Easton won't make a mold unless you're a pro. Base costs $1500. Kynetyk already makes it. I wish warrior would just bring the pattern to retail and end this whole thing!

I noticed it... Then you brought it up and said "the curve looks exactly the same."

How is it not even close if you couldn't tell the difference?

Like I said for the sake of the video I went with it. I don't need a bunch of 10 year olds asking me what I'm going to do to fix it. Let them think I love them. That's all that matters.

I'm not sure that's the direction you should have taken. It's not correct to mislead the people that view your videos for the sake of it.

Like I said for the sake of the video I went with it. I don't need a bunch of 10 year olds asking me what I'm going to do to fix it. Let them think I love them. That's all that matters.

Wow, a condescending liar.

I wish warrior would just bring the pattern to retail and end this whole thing!

They did. It was called the Smyth pattern (a Warrior Product manager has confirmed this is a version of Kovy's pro stock curve in other threads). Unfortunately, while it was/is a popular pattern among some members here, including myself, it didn't do that well at retail so it was discountinued a few years ago.

They did bring the Smyth pattern back through the Warrior custom program: http://www.mywarriorhockey.com/

Now, Kovalchuk does have some variations on his curve so I can't guarantee it'd be exactly the same as the Kovy curve you were using, but I currently use the Smyth pattern and it seems the same as the curve that was on the old Kovy Dolo pro stock I had.

Wildcat, don't you think your being slightly dramatic here. I understand your sticks aren't perfect but my experience the Perry and pro kovy curves are very close. Same lie, almost the same curve (minus the slight heel kink). Main difference is the rocker....

Malc, the Perry curve was sent to him on order for a Malkin curve. Rumor has it, that Malkin used Perry's curve for a stint, and since Easton had the Mold, they used it to make the sticks.

He was not satisfied that he received this version of the Malkin curve, and now wants to order a refunded batch with Zidlicky's curve.

From what I understand, you sent in a Malkin barcode, but got Perry curves. If you like Kovy/Zidlicky curves, then obviously you're a right handed shot, while Malkin is a left handed shot, why did you even want a Malkin curve in the first place? Or did you ask for a Malkin curve switched to a righty? If so, it's no wonder they couldn't provide you with this, on the "Q&A" section of the PSHG custom Easton page they pretty clearly state that Easton won't make new molds, and will only make existing pro curves from barcodes with no modifications. They still should have asked you before simply giving you a different curve, but I'm not sure why you expected them to make you a righty Malkin in the first place, when they clearly state they won't modify the existing curves (assuming this is actually what happened, that you asked for a righty Malkin).

Also, is Zidlicky's pro curve really closer to a righty Malkin than Perry's? AFAIK Perry and Zidlicky both use a curve that is similar to Kovy's pro curve, I believe the Perry/Zidlicky/Kovy curves are all a bit more of the toe curve variety, while Malkin uses more of a banana curve (big mid curve).

From what I understand, you sent in a Malkin barcode, but got Perry curves. If you like Kovy/Zidlicky curves, then obviously you're a right handed shot, while Malkin is a left handed shot, why did you even want a Malkin curve in the first place? Or did you ask for a Malkin curve switched to a righty? If so, it's no wonder they couldn't provide you with this, on the "Q&A" section of the PSHG custom Easton page they pretty clearly state that Easton won't make new molds, and will only make existing pro curves from barcodes with no modifications. They still should have asked you before simply giving you a different curve, but I'm not sure why you expected them to make you a righty Malkin in the first place, when they clearly state they won't modify the existing curves (assuming this is actually what happened, that you asked for a righty Malkin).

Also, is Zidlicky's pro curve really closer to a righty Malkin than Perry's? AFAIK Perry and Zidlicky both use a curve that is similar to Kovy's pro curve, I believe the Perry/Zidlicky/Kovy curves are all a bit more of the toe curve variety, while Malkin uses more of a banana curve (big mid curve).

Before i ordered they told me that if i supplied a left handed code they would be able to make righties of it. That was the purpose of the whole order is to get malkins curve right handed. I sent them the picture and they said "yes that will work" i can even show you a picture from the help desk where they said it. The whole point of a custom product isnt to have it be "close enough"not for that kind of money. I dont like the perry curve. As for misleading my viewers i already have enough people up my ass asking for updates on the stiuation. I dont need any more, especially ones that dont understand what im talking about.

Before i ordered they told me that if i supplied a left handed code they would be able to make righties of it. That was the purpose of the whole order is to get malkins curve right handed. I sent them the picture and they said "yes that will work" i can even show you a picture from the help desk where they said it. The whole point of a custom product isnt to have it be "close enough"not for that kind of money. I dont like the perry curve. As for misleading my viewers i already have enough people up my ass asking for updates on the stiuation. I dont need any more, especially ones that dont understand what im talking about.

If they straight up told you that they would make you righty Malkins, then gave you the Perry curve instead without even asking if that would be OK, then I agree that you should be able to get your money back (assuming the Perry curve is significantly different from a righty Malkin). Your attitude in this thread is causing people to get a bit prickly with you, but if everything went down as you stated, then I certainly think PSHG/Easton should give you a refund, you can't take money for one product and then just decide to give the customer a different product without asking.

If they straight up told you that they would make you righty Malkins, then gave you the Perry curve instead without even asking if that would be OK, then I agree that you should be able to get your money back (assuming the Perry curve is significantly different from a righty Malkin). Your attitude in this thread is causing people to get a bit prickly with you, but if everything went down as you stated, then I certainly think PSHG/Easton should give you a refund, you can't take money for one product and then just decide to give the customer a different product without asking.

They did straight up tell me I would be getting righty Malkins. If people what to get prickly with me I don't care that's their problem. Obviously I have a bigger problem at hand than helping people in this thread happy...

Easton won't make a mold unless you're a pro. Base costs $1500. Kynetyk already makes it. I wish warrior would just bring the pattern to retail and end this whole thing!

this

They did. It was called the Smyth pattern (a Warrior Product manager has confirmed this is a version of Kovy's pro stock curve in other threads). Unfortunately, while it was/is a popular pattern among some members here, including myself, it didn't do that well at retail so it was discountinued a few years ago.

They did bring the Smyth pattern back through the Warrior custom program: http://www.mywarriorhockey.com/

Now, Kovalchuk does have some variations on his curve so I can't guarantee it'd be exactly the same as the Kovy curve you were using, but I currently use the Smyth pattern and it seems the same as the curve that was on the old Kovy Dolo pro stock I had.

Smyth is not even close to the Kovy's real pro pattern. The closest is Gionta and even that one is too open of a mid curve without a real toe. As someone else had mentioned earlier (Chadd, maybe?) Warrior used to produce real Kovy pro even in a replacement blades. Not anymore and ever... In my opinion, if you blend Slovak and Gionta you may arrive at the Kovalchuk pro curve.

Pshg will Redo the order with ccm. Thank god.

That's a great news! Please, post pics of what you get... I'd be interested.